Hi folks,

If you're in the UK, then it's been all about snow over the last few weeks. It may have looked beautiful but it brought almost the entire country to a standstill with flights cancelled, offices closed and cars and trains unable to go anywhere. We hope that you got through the worst of Storm Emma unscathed and only slightly inconvenienced.

Of course, the UK military were quick to jump into action, helping get supplies through to people in need, helping NHS staff get to work and back, clearing snow and moving stranded vehicles. As ever, we have to wonder what we would do without them.

As the temperature gradually rises, we hope this newsletter brings a little more sunshine to your day!

Drop us a line on [email protected] if there's anything you'd like us to add to this newsletter.

Regards,

The Team

Recent vacancies

Logistics Manager Karachi, Pakistan Competitive Salary

Construction Team Leaders and Foremen Uganda Excellent Package

Close Protection Officer London £45k

Submissions Engineer Sheffield or Leicester circa £40k

Recycling & Infill Manager Based Coalville, Leicestershire, with National Remit circa £65k

On Site Medical Technician Great Ormond Street, London starting at £ 30-£32k

On Site Medical Technician Derby starting at £26k-£28k

On Site Medical Technician Milton Keynes starting at £26k-£28k

Asphalt Plant Operative Newquay, Cornwall circa £24k

Quarry Operative Little Paxton, Cambridgeshire circa £25k + Benefits

Weighbridge Supervisor Botley, Hampshire £27-30k + Benefits

Site Agents Oxford with travel Competitive salary package

Project Co-ordinator Snow Hill, Birmingham Competitive salary package

Instructor – Scotland East Scotland East 23456.00

News round–up 

Homeless Veterans "Slipping Through The Net"

Military Veterans Offered £40,000 To Retrain As Teachers

130MPH Let-Off Army Captain caught driving 130mph in his Aston Martin DB9 keeps his license – as driving ban ‘would hit career’

NHS to launch national scheme to treat veterans' mental health

Mum's heartbreak after Army veteran son kills himself on the day new helpline launches to support soldiers

The Emergency Slides On The UK's New Aircraft Carrier Look Like Way Too Much Fun

Colchester 'military jail' praised for 'positive' culture

UK reveals extent of hypoxia incidents for combat pilots

GRAVES of British war heroes PLUNDERED by scrap metal thieves who toss the bodies away

TANKS VERY MUCH This ex-military tank that ‘served in the Gulf War’ is yours for just £17,000

Former Marine Sentenced To At Least 28 Years In Jail For Dog Walker Murder

Homeless Army veteran tries to track down Good Samaritans 'John' and 'Patrick' who paid for him to stay in a hotel and gave him 'military-grade' clothing after seeing him in a doorway

A Fifth of British Troops are too unfit to fight, warns former Armed Forces Chief

UK Government Minister received briefing on suspension of SNP councillor from MoD job

New helpline for troops with mental health problems launched

Red Arrows pilot's family criticises Mod and RAF as ejector seat firm gets £1m fine

Freed Royal Marine Alexander Blackman gets a new job finding work for wounded veterans after his release from three-year jail term for shooting dead a Taliban fighter in Afghanistan

Syria war: Who are Russia's shadowy Wagner mercenaries?

‘Broken’ British Army major cleared seven times faces new Iraq probe

Living in Afghanistan was better than Aldershot, soldiers tell MoD in protest over 'freezing' barracks

Do you have any news you think we should feature, or any areas you’d like us to cover? Email us at:…[email protected]

5 good reasons for doing a university management degree online

1. To get significantly more money
  2. If you want a career, not just a job
  3. To make resettlement much easier
  4. For international opportunities
  5. Your Services role makes it uniquely possible at this time.

www.onlineuniversitymilipol.com  works with military and ex-military candidates worldwide. We pilot you through the university acceptance process by turning your Services experience into ‘academic points’ so that you are offered an online university place. There is no charge for this work (i.e. it is paid by the university’s online provider) so you can find out if you comply without obligation. We remain with you throughout your study and will even attend the graduation ceremony on your behalf if you are abroad.

The cost of online study is significantly less than that of attending university and, more importantly, you do not need to stop working whilst gaining your degree.

One of the big advantages of online study is flexibility, particularly when you are unable to commit to a fixed weekly schedule. You might even finish earlier than an attending student if you are able to put in more time but your qualification and benefits will be exactly the same. Additionally, you can start immediately after acceptance rather than waiting for the next year like an attending student.

For further information, or to access research reports that underpin the 5 good reasons,
Email: [email protected] or see: www.onlineuniversitymilipol.com

Events etc.

Upcoming events can be found on these sites for the Royal Air ForceRoyal Navy and Army – something for everyone!

Do you have an event or appeal you’d like us to publicise? Email us at:…[email protected]

Reunions

Do you have any reunions you want to let everyone know about?

Just send in your name and details of how interested parties can get in contact. Also let us know the details of the reunion — who it's for, place, time etc. and a website if there is one, and we’ll include it in our next newsletter.

Email us at:…[email protected]

We Like to be social

Don’t forget you can connect with us on LinkedIn or ‘Like’ our page on Facebook.

Joke: Talking Dog

A man walks into a bar with his dog.

"This is a talking dog. If this dog can answer my questions, who will buy me a drink?" he asks.

"You can have one on the house," the bartender says.

The man turns to his dog. "What goes on the top of a house?"

Dog: "Roof!"

Man: "What does tree bark feel like?"

Dog: "Rough!"

Man: "Who is the greatest baseball player ever?"

Dog: "Ruth!"

The bartender is clearly annoyed and snaps at the man. "That's enough. You and your dog, get out."

After the man and the dog are thrown out, the dog looks sadly at his owner. "Should I have said DiMaggio?"

If you want to contribute to the jokes in this newsletter, just send them in — email us at:…[email protected]

For various reasons we can't always include them in the newsletter, but we always appreciate them!

Ex–Mil Recruitment

Ex–Mil Recruitment neither endorse nor are responsible for the content of external websites.