Site Director vacancy in Sittingbourne, Kent (020jc)
|Salary:||up to £80k + Benefits|
|Sectors:||Construction, Consultancy, Electronics, Engineering, Facilities Management, Health & Safety, Management, Project Management, Sales, Senior Appointments|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to one of the Client Directors and your role will be to provide leadership of the site and to deliver a world class service to both occupiers and client. The role will involve marketing the site and pursuing innovative ideas to promote the site as a scientific centre of excellence. It will also involve providing management leadership and taking accountability for the operations at the science park.
Therefore you will be based in and be directly responsible for the Science Park, managing all marketing regarding the park and ensuring that the highest standards of management, maintenance and service are maintained, whilst having due regard to expenditure and current legislation.
The Site Manager will be responsible for the authorisation of all works, budgets and staff attendance, and your Key Performance Areas will include:
• Site Marketing
• Fostering relationships within the wider community
• Health & Safety Legislation Compliance
• Customer and Tenant Satisfaction
• Team and Site Management
And therefore your Key Performance Measures will include
• Occupier satisfaction levels
• Wider community engagement levels
• H&S Compliance
• Budget levels
So to fulfil this role your duties and responsibilities will include:
• Marketing and Engagement
1. Manage the agreed marketing strategy for the Science Park at the required standard in both electronic and published format to ensure the brand awareness and inquiry levels are at the appropriate standard and level. Responsible for onsite marketing initiatives and proposals in line with advice from retained marketing agent.
2. Fostering relationships with the wider community including local authorities and government bodies, local business community and local and national scientific community.
3. Coordinate the appearance of all organisation print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
4. Manage site communications with occupiers, wider community and scientific community.
5. Promotes high level of satisfaction among occupiers and client by promptly responding to their service requirements. Including, close budgetary monitoring, seeking innovative business initiatives in the local area and fostering relationships on site.
6. Assures prompt response by other team members and selected contractors.
7. Provides support to line manager and building occupiers as required.
8. Identify areas for potential organic growth of the site and business.
• Contractors and Compliance
1. Ensures compliance with the company’s standards, policies and procedures.
2. Communicate with the occupiers of the property in a courteous manner and assist where able and perform role as park “ambassador”.
3. Maintain the highest standard of building management and cleanliness within area of responsibility and in accordance with agreed specifications.
4. Develop a close working relationship with all contractors to ensure they fully understand the company culture and standards, ensuring a high quality service is delivered. Including, meeting regularly with key contractors, to progress works and resolve operational issues.
5. Control contractors working on site and oversee the management of the Permit to Work System as per companies’ instructions.
6. Maintain an accurate record of contracts, value, termination dates and other details applicable to the park.
7. Oversee the implementation of contract works only where appropriate to the service charge budget and within the authorities.
8. Responsible for ensuring that contractors observe all Health and Safety and client specific rules while on site.
9. Oversee management of service providers and monitor performance against contracted SLAs and KPIs.
10. Carry out building inspections with the service providers to identify works for consideration in the next year’s budget.
11. Ensure all invoices are processed with the minimum of delay and that non-compliant invoices are referred back to the contractor.
12. Attend Tenant Liaison meetings and prepare minutes for circulation.
13. Building and maintaining working relationships with local key stakeholders.
14. As required at allocated sites and as detailed in Site Specific Instructions.
• Finance and Budgets
1. Creates and manages plans and budgets to assist in financial planning of the properties and meets agreed targets of +/- variable budgets.
2. Assists client in achieving high standards of performance and delivery of client service.
3. Identifies cost saving and performance enhancing opportunities.
4. Identify potential financial initiatives for the site whether local business based or of a scientific nature.
5. Identifies additional business opportunities and presents these in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Leadership, Management and Customer Service
1. Seeks to improve and enhance delivery of client service.
2. Leads from the front, supports and identifies change and controls and enhances change management, represents the company and clients values.
3. Places a priority on developing own skills, knowledge and abilities in line with business priorities.
4. Works with service provider’s management, to ensure contracted site based staff are developed and trained in line with their job role.
Therefore you will need the following skills, competencies and experience and qualifications:
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Good interpersonal skills, capable of communicating at all levels
• Effective PC skills – proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint or Google Apps
• Interest in continuous improvement and development of new technologies
• Methodical approach to duties
• Basic business management
• Commercial awareness from experience and/or qualification
• Cost control, variance and forecasting reporting
• Staff management
• Knowledge of Output Specifications
• Management of Performance based contracts
• Knowledge of marketing tools
• Aware of leadership style, can vary based on context and individual
• Aware of the impact of communication style
• Actively builds and develops relationships within the team and colleagues – seeks and develops new relationships that will support the park and the business
• Positive about learning, development and new ideas
• Embraces the Client's core values and leadership principles
• Positively works towards improvement
• Ensures customer satisfaction
• Effectively controls costs within own job area and awareness of those outside immediate responsibility
• Ability to prioritise and organise workload
• Displays flexibility to ensure the achievement of targets
• Displaying integrity when dealing with colleagues, customers and staff
• Proven experience in similar environment
• Marketing experience
• Some science based experience preferable
• Customer Service experience
• Compiling and managing large service charge budgets
• Experience managing teams of 2 or more
For this role they are seeking a Senior Officer as they are looking for someone who is able to liaise at very senior levels both with their clients and internally at senior board level, as you will be acting as a lynch pin between their client, tenants on the Science Park, Local Authorities and themselves. You be someone who can get things done in a professional and diplomatic manner, and at the same time has the ability to keep several balls in the air at the same time.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
10 February 2020
Freelance Operations Manager
- Competitive Day Rate
Competitive Day Rate
29 October 2019
Digital RF System Engineer
- Herford and Watford
- £60.000 - £80.OOO
£60.000 - £80.OOO
03 February 2020
Pre /Post Sales Engineer
- Ely, Cambridgeshire
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
26 May 2020
Trainee Geo-technical Driller
- Gloucester based and covering UK Wide
- up to £22,800 to start + plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc
up to £22,800 to start + plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc
15 May 2020
Field Operations Manager/UAV Flight Tester
- Excellent Package
06 May 2020
Senior Software Engineer
- £ Competitive
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering