Executive Officer ()
- Circa £35,000
- Vacancy type:
- Placed by:
- Royal Scottish Country Dance Society
In order to support with our continued growth, we have an exciting vacancy for an Executive Officer where the key aim is to ensure the effective management of the RSCDS and work with the Board to update and implement the business plan. As Executive Officer responsible to the Management Board, you would implement a strategy to expand the existing global membership, develop member services and promote the brand. The Executive Officer will assist in raising the profile of the RSCDS within Scottish arts and education, helping to shape projects aimed at improving health, well-being and cultural awareness. You would also be responsible for a small, but dedicated, team based in Edinburgh; liaise with board members and represent the society in the wider arts community.
• To work with the Officers, Board and Committees on implementing the Society’s strategic aims.
• To ensure the smooth running of Board meetings with the production of minutes, reports and agendas
• To manage the production of annual budgets and other financial information, including key performance indicators, in consultation with the Treasurer, Board, Committees and staff
• To lead and manage our team of staff through regular appraisals, development and sound HR procedures
• To ensure that the RSCDS is compliant with relevant financial regulation by implementing recommendations from The Treasurer and the Finance and Governance Panel
• To identify new funding streams and draft fundraising proposals to support the work of the RSCDS
• To advise the Board on good governance, especially in relation to the charity sector
• To help develop the RSCDS brand and its marketing of Scottish dancing
The role would suit an individual with a background in voluntary boards, committee structures and membership organisations. An understanding of financial management and team leadership is also advantageous.
Please send a CV and covering letter.
• Closing date for applications: Monday, 4 September 2017
• Interviews are expected to take place: Friday, 15 September 2017
Instructor - Scotland West
Station Manager-Aviation Fuels
£ Commensurate with experience
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.