Vacancy - 4X4 Drivers 192jc
|Salary:||£110 per day (Self Employed)|
|Sectors:||Automotive, General, Logistics/Driving|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Your role will be to drive a team of engineers around the Chesterfield region, and assist them with the movement and deployment of equipment they use to carry out their tests.
Therefore your key responsibilities will include:
• Collection of technical seismic survey equipment from the storage location and secure loading onto vehicles.
• Safe transport of seismic equipment and team to / from and within the area of operations.
• Deployment and retrieval of technical seismic equipment under direction of the Seismic Team Leader.
• Damage control and repair tasks under direction of the Seismic Team Leader.
• Routine vehicle operator maintenance, including first and last parading, fault reporting and refuelling.
• Routine vehicle documentation maintenance under direction of the fleet manager.
• Strict adherence to the Project Driver Standing Orders. This includes following all Health & Safety regulations, including all road safety instructions, and processes for the project.
• Occasional general duties related to the project, such as servicing the welfare trailers, basic cleaning of the trailers and redeploying them as required to new locations.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following Qualifications and Experience:
• Cat B driving licence (manual). Cat C1 an advantage.
• No more than six points on the driving license and said points must only be for basic speeding offences.
• Experienced in performing daily vehicle user checks, paperwork and fault reporting.
• Experienced in navigating without the use of GPS.
As well as the following Personal Qualities:
• Resilience, willing to work outdoors in all weathers.
• Willing and capable of working long hours.
• Willing and able to learn new skills quickly.
• Strong communication skills and culturally aware.
This will be an initial 6 months contract with immediate start, the contract runs out in December time, but with possible extensions after that date.
You will be working a 6 day week, and your will be paid £110 per day for each day worked, Twin-share occupancy B&B accommodation provided on site 7 days a week, the Hotel will also be offering 30% discount on meals and bar, £15 mobile phone allowance (for the occasional call and data usage)
You will need to be physically fit, as the equipment can be very large and cumbersome, and some of the sites will not be close to roads, so knowledge of navigating without electronic equipment will also be a must. You will also be expected to pass a driver and HSE courses before starting.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
15 February 2018
- South West (UK)
20 July 2017
Service Engineer – Mini Cranes
- £30-35k Commensurate
10 October 2017
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering
I would definitely recommend them for future use for other roles in the business for the following reasons:
1. Quick response time
2. Good probing techniques to ensure they passed on the correct candidates from the paper sift
3. Polite and professional
4. Good calibre of candidate
David C., Community Regeneration Company