Welding and Fabrication Supervisor (230jc)
They are now seeking to recruit a Welding and Fabrication Supervisor who will report to the Facilities Maintenance Manager (FMM) and you will have 5 direct reports.
Your role will be to supervise and schedule fabrication and repair work for a variety of metal components, structures, pressure vessels and pipes. This will include welding techniques, such as, gaseous, MIG, TIG and ARC welding. Fabrication involves laying out, cutting, fitting, measuring and welding metals to create the desired shape or object.
Therefore your responsibilities will include:
• The Welding & Fabrication Supervisor is responsible for supervising the workshops and facilities, together with the Care Service staff provided. He / she is to ensure that all work is carried out in strict accordance with the organisation’s safety rules and operating procedures, and, if more stringent, home country trade practices. In addition, he / she shall inspect all completed welds and test welding equipment before use. He / she shall assist with the planning of welding tasks, preparation of designs for use by technical designers and bills of materiel necessary to accomplish a project. Furthermore, he / she shall to assist other trades as necessary to accomplish any task required efficiently and economically and, when directed, assist external contractors.
• He / she is responsible for allocating work to the appointed staff and for coordinating their efforts efficiently and effectively. He / she shall liaise with Care Service staff regarding Care Service leave requirements and report conflicts of interest to his / her supervisor.
• He / she shall work with his / her staff to resolve technical problems quickly, using the required and provided test equipment, analytical techniques and careful inspection.
• Checks the work performed by subordinates to the extent necessary to ensure adherence to organisation regulations, safety standards and required trade practices, with particular regard to those applicable to ‘hot working’ and ‘permit to work’ requirements. Corrects, or has corrected, any faults identified and determines whether any additional training is required. All work shall be conducted to a ‘right first time approach’ and any rework shall be shown on the SAP work order by setting ‘rework’ as a Maintenance Activity Type in SAP.
• He / she is responsible for providing training as necessary to ensure that any appointed subordinates are competent to operate the welding equipment provided. This competency includes pre and post use checks to ensure that the equipment is safe to use and safe to pass on to the next user.
• Maintains a record of competencies for allocated Care Service staff: this record is to include a list of which equipment and welds each member of staff is authorised to complete without direct supervision. Safety refresher training for each member of Care Services shall be performed at least annually. Records of all training provided are to be forwarded to the Organisation Contract Analyst of all training completed on a monthly basis, specifying training content and personnel trained. Training may be recorded using a SAP work order with a ‘training’ operation.
• Maintains equipment and special tooling allocated to his / her electrical team and maintains any vehicles allocated in a clean and tidy condition. In addition, he / she shall ensure that pre-use equipment and vehicle operator checks are performed and recorded as required.
• Reports to the FMM any tradesman who is unsafe, a danger to others or not technically competent after training to his / her supervisor for formal re-training and replacement if necessary.
• He / she shall ensure an acceptable standard of hygiene and cleanliness within the workshops and workspaces. (Assigned Care Service technical staff is responsible for maintaining a clean and tidy work area and workshop.) Faults with equipment or facilities are to be reported to the FMM without delay for rectification and repair.
• Maintains accurate records of all work accomplished and ensures that such records are entered into SAP. Ensures that work orders passed to his / her team are completed within the priority set and any requirements for spares that are not in stock are progressed through the work order system promptly (such as by the end of day the requirement was first identified).
• Ensures that all materials are used efficiently, waste is avoided and that any suspected cases of mis-appropriation are reported to the FMM.
• Shall use the SAP system to report on work order status, maintenance requirements, priority, material requirements and manpower times allocated. Depending upon the processes established by the FEO from time to time, he / she shall be prepared to develop his / her SAP skills to monitor work order completion, material consumption on similar work and fault analysis.
• Provides 24 hour “on call” support as required and to meet work roster, emergencies or Organisation mission requirements.
• May be required to perform in other duties when the organisation operational THREATCOM LEVEL changes.
• Maintains an accident book for his work area and staff and records details of all occasions where he / she or a member of his / her staff seek medical attention at a dispensary.
• Performs other duties as required by his/her supervisor.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following minimum qualifications and experience:
• Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience, with a least 3 years’ in the service industry involving Welding and fabrication.
• Thorough knowledge of the common practices, tools, terminology and safety precautions of the Welding trade including reading blueprints with welding symbols.
• Thorough knowledge of the use and characteristics of common fabrication materials; skill in the use of Welding/Fabrication tools, machinery and equipment; ability to inspect and report findings for repairs and out inspect subordinates work.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to plan and supervise the work of subordinates; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
• Excellent organization skills capable of working in fast paced, changing priority environment; results oriented and focused on outcome; computer skills a must; utilizing excel, word, Microsoft; and excellent communication and leadership skills. Must be able to work without supervision and always looking to develop procedures through continuous improvement.
• Must have recognized qualifications from Home Country with experience in welding operations.
• Must maintain a “safety & quality first” attitude with a solid customer focused outlook.
Additional post requirements:
• Ability to: read, interpret and work from blueprints; prepare rough sketches of work and estimates of material and labour; select proper materials to be used; work cooperatively with others; skilfully use the proper tools.
• Must hold a valid Home Country driver’s license and able to obtain and maintain an appropriate local driving and equipment license. All driving requirements are for both in and off camp conditions.
• Must be fluent in English, a working knowledge of Arabic/Spanish would be a plus.
This role would probably suit a JNCO/NCO who has been responsible for running a dining function overseas and is experienced in work with other nationalities.
In return they are offering a good tax free salary package, as well as an outstanding benefit package which includes 20% salary uplift, pension plan, as well as ongoing professional development program. You will also be entitled to 28 ½ days leave per year, with free flights, accommodation, food, insurance as well as a lot of other extras.
CHP Service Engineer
£23k–28k basic with overtime £35-40k
Midlands or Southern England
CHP Commissioning Engineer
Attractive Salary + Benefits
Welding and Fabrication Supervisor
Excellent Ex-Pat Package
I have been a successful candidate of Ex-Mil twice. Unlike other agencies, there is no flannel or waffle from JC and his team. They talk a language we all understand, and with integrity and honesty not found elsewhere. Very easy to deal with, and highly recommended for employers and potential employees alike.