Vacancy - CHP Commissioning Engineer 231jc
|Salary:||Attractive Salary + Benefits|
|Sectors:||Construction, Engineering, Facilities Management, General|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Project Operations Manager, and you main areas of responsibility will be commission and you will be van based and using a combination of your engineering skills on your tools, practical coordination and face-to-face client liaison skills, IT & systems engineering skills, to commission the unit and hand-over to the client. Overnight stops are normal for the duration of this phase. This role will include:
• Attend site as principal commissioning engineer. Firstly working alongside our engine manufacturer, but rapidly developing the ability to carry out full commissioning autonomously
• Coordination with all the associated trades is necessary; such as client’s mechanical & electrical engineers, BMS control engineers, Electrical DNO, client’s IT department
• Carry out hands-on handover training for client’s site staff
This role requires you to be van based, and willing to operate all over the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands. High mileage can be expected, & at times overnight stops will be necessary.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills and abilities:
• Positive mental attitude
• Having the right to live and work in the UK
• Self-motivated, and trustworthy to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good verbal and written presentation skills
• Happy with high mileage driving, and working away from home
• High standards of cleanliness & personal presentation
• Ability to think on your feet, and function effectively in a fast moving business
• Comfortable working in a hard driving well motivated team, of very focused people, with robust working relationships
• Sense of humour essential
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a generator or CHP commissioning engineer, or similar role
• Some previous relevant experience with gas engines
• Strong practical knowledge of LTHW hot water systems, including practical experience of pumps, inverter drives, flow rates, delta T, boiler operations, and associated BMS controls
• Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems
• Practical knowledge of high level software based control systems such as Comap / Deep Sea etc
• IT skills, fluent with Outlook, Excel, & Word. Practical experience of using laptop based bespoke engine system analysis and control programmes such as Comap PC Suite / DSE Configuration Suite etc
• Ability to work with complex equipment such as flue gas analysers, digital water flow and temperature profiling devices, etc
• Gas Safe qualification
• IT / Broadband Network knowledge
• CAD Qualification or practical skill
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification
• IEE 17th Edition Qualified
• CSCS card
• Experience with building services plant such as boilers, HVAC, BMS etc
• Knowledge of BMS protocol languages such as Modbus / Profibus / BACNet etc
• Already own basic electrical & mechanical tool kit
The ideal individual would be someone based in the Hampshire area, however this is not a hard and fast rule, and you will need good engineering skills and will probably come from an Electrical or Electronics background.
They are offering an attractive salary, commensurate with experience & qualifications. Participation in company-wide performance linked unlimited bonus scheme. Fully flexible working hours are required, especially given the travelling needed, Company Vehicle and Phone and with 20 days annual leave, increasing through company loyalty programme
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
13 November 2017
- circa £13- £14.50 per hour
circa £13- £14.50 per hour
02 August 2017
Shift Fitter - Mechanic
- £9 - 12 per hour, depending on experience
£9 - 12 per hour, depending on experience
26 January 2018
UPS Technical Consultant
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering
I would definitely recommend them for future use for other roles in the business for the following reasons:
1. Quick response time
2. Good probing techniques to ensure they passed on the correct candidates from the paper sift
3. Polite and professional
4. Good calibre of candidate
David C., Community Regeneration Company