CHP Service Engineer (232jc)
Your position would be within the service department, reporting to the CHP Service Operations Manager.
This is an opportunity to join a thriving Gas engine CHP & Generator business, in an industry with a substantial future. The successful candidate is likely to be an experienced but energetic person with time served on the tools. A mature outlook is needed with the ability to work under pressure and within tight timeframes. A practical and Mechanical/Electrical background will be essential, with a willingness to learn. Full training and backup support will be given to make a successful post. The candidate is required to be based either in the Midlands or Southern England working from home, a location to store parts and fluids will be provided.
Therefore your main area of responsibility will be to travel all-round the UK, (although mainly in the North of England), using your engineering and computer skills to carry out routine servicing work on a range of CHP’s in the range of 30kW – 400kW size range. This will be a mixture of scheduled service work and reactive work where you would be the first-responder to a breakdown on site. This part of the role requires you to be van based, and willing to operate all over the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands. High mileage can be expected, & at times overnight stops will be necessary.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills, experience and qualifications.
• Positive mental attitude
• Having the right to live and work in the UK
• Self-motivated, and trustworthy to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good verbal and written presentation skills
• Happy with high mileage driving, and working away from home
• High standards of cleanliness & personal presentation
• Ability to think on your feet, and function effectively in a fast moving business
• Comfortable working in a hard driving well motivated team, of very focused people, with robust working relationships
• Sense of humour essential
Experience and Qualifications Essential –
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a CHP service engineer, or similar role.
• Strong practical knowledge of LTHW hot water systems, including practical experience of pumps, inverter drives, flow rates, delta T, boiler operations, and associated BMS controls
• Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems
• Practical knowledge of high level software based control systems such as Comap.
• IT skills, fluent with Outlook, Excel, & Word. Practical experience of using laptop based bespoke engine system analysis and control programmes such as Comap PC Suite / DSE Configuration Suite etc
• Ability to work with complex equipment such as flue gas analysers, digital water flow and temperature profiling devices, etc
However you will need the following:-
• Gas Safe qualification
• IT/Broadband Network knowledge
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification
• IEE 17th Edition Qualified
• CSCS card
• Experience with building services plant such as boilers, HVAC, BMS etc
• Knowledge of BMS protocol languages such as Modbus / Profibus / BACNet etc
• Already own electrical & mechanical tool kit
In return they are offering an attractive salary, commensurate with experience & qualifications but generally in the bracket of 23k–28k per annum. Participation in company-wide performance linked unlimited bonus scheme. Fully flexible working hours are required, especially given the travelling that may be needed. Company Vehicle, Company Phone and Laptop. 20 days annual leave, increasing through company loyalty programme
CHP Service Engineer
£23k–28k basic with overtime £35-40k
Midlands or Southern England
CHP Commissioning Engineer
Attractive Salary + Benefits
Welding and Fabrication Supervisor
Excellent Ex-Pat Package
Jean Claude impressed me with his approach over the 'phone when I called from the UAE. I was not disappointed when I met him. JC and his wife are a very effective and natural team. So approachable that my wife and I still pop into their office for coffee (although he does make me buy the biscuits). JC is on top of his job and I watched him get results, so if you are thinking of using his services I can only say don't waste time with the others, I can guarantee he will always do his best. It is a difficult market at the moment and JC still produces the goods; enough said really. And of course the no-nonsense military approach we all prefer; the seven P's. Sound and genuine, JC is just a cracking guy who knows his stuff. I wish him well for his future business.
Jules Carmichael BA(Hons)
FCMI MCGI Senior manager at Joint location