CHP Service Engineer (232jc)
|Location:||Midlands or Southern England|
|Salary:||£23k–28k basic with overtime £35-40k|
|Sectors:||Construction, Engineering, Facilities Management, General, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Your position would be within the service department, reporting to the CHP Service Operations Manager.
This is an opportunity to join a thriving Gas engine CHP & Generator business, in an industry with a substantial future. The successful candidate is likely to be an experienced but energetic person with time served on the tools. A mature outlook is needed with the ability to work under pressure and within tight timeframes. A practical and Mechanical/Electrical background will be essential, with a willingness to learn. Full training and backup support will be given to make a successful post. The candidate is required to be based either in the Midlands or Southern England working from home, a location to store parts and fluids will be provided.
Therefore your main area of responsibility will be to travel all-round the UK, (although mainly in the North of England), using your engineering and computer skills to carry out routine servicing work on a range of CHP’s in the range of 30kW – 400kW size range. This will be a mixture of scheduled service work and reactive work where you would be the first-responder to a breakdown on site. This part of the role requires you to be van based, and willing to operate all over the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands. High mileage can be expected, & at times overnight stops will be necessary.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills, experience and qualifications.
• Positive mental attitude
• Having the right to live and work in the UK
• Self-motivated, and trustworthy to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good verbal and written presentation skills
• Happy with high mileage driving, and working away from home
• High standards of cleanliness & personal presentation
• Ability to think on your feet, and function effectively in a fast moving business
• Comfortable working in a hard driving well motivated team, of very focused people, with robust working relationships
• Sense of humour essential
Experience and Qualifications Essential –
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a CHP service engineer, or similar role.
• Strong practical knowledge of LTHW hot water systems, including practical experience of pumps, inverter drives, flow rates, delta T, boiler operations, and associated BMS controls
• Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems
• Practical knowledge of high level software based control systems such as Comap.
• IT skills, fluent with Outlook, Excel, & Word. Practical experience of using laptop based bespoke engine system analysis and control programmes such as Comap PC Suite / DSE Configuration Suite etc
• Ability to work with complex equipment such as flue gas analysers, digital water flow and temperature profiling devices, etc
However you will need the following:-
• Gas Safe qualification
• IT/Broadband Network knowledge
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification
• IEE 17th Edition Qualified
• CSCS card
• Experience with building services plant such as boilers, HVAC, BMS etc
• Knowledge of BMS protocol languages such as Modbus / Profibus / BACNet etc
• Already own electrical & mechanical tool kit
In return they are offering an attractive salary, commensurate with experience & qualifications but generally in the bracket of 23k–28k per annum. Participation in company-wide performance linked unlimited bonus scheme. Fully flexible working hours are required, especially given the travelling that may be needed. Company Vehicle, Company Phone and Laptop. 20 days annual leave, increasing through company loyalty programme
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
06 December 2017
- Sinai, Egypt
- $54,600 + Excellent Ex-Pat Package
$54,600 + Excellent Ex-Pat Package
04 December 2017
- Preston, with travel throughout the UK.
- Negotiable - Dependent on Experience
Negotiable - Dependent on Experience
27 November 2017
- Battersea, London
- £120 - £150 per day
£120 - £150 per day
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
I have been a successful candidate of Ex-Mil twice. Unlike other agencies, there is no flannel or waffle from JC and his team. They talk a language we all understand, and with integrity and honesty not found elsewhere. Very easy to deal with, and highly recommended for employers and potential employees alike.
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering
I would definitely recommend them for future use for other roles in the business for the following reasons:
1. Quick response time
2. Good probing techniques to ensure they passed on the correct candidates from the paper sift
3. Polite and professional
4. Good calibre of candidate
David C., Community Regeneration Company
I have met many recruitment providers who promise the earth and deliver nothing. I am pleased to say that J-C is not in that category - he delivers what he promises without compromise. Furthermore, he thoroughly researches his client so as to understand the requirement, then selects and prepares the candidates accordingly. Finally he provides an accurate and timely debrief to all concerned. An excellent service throughout.
Mike Ryan, Defence & Aerospace Consultant