Vacancy - Maintenance Service Engineer 257sk
|Sectors:||Construction, Engineering, General|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
The position is a fairly autonomous one where the candidate needs to be self-motivated and have the ability to work under their own iniative.
The primary responsibilities are to ensure maximum machine and process reliability and availability by developing procedures to ensure the most effective utilisation of the assets within the manufacturing facility and facility infrastructure.
• Carry out preventive maintenance tasks as scheduled during the shift to the required standard.
• Conduct continuous machine observation and measurement during the shift, identifying potential machine failure, safety risk or deterioration in output, waste, or quality performance from machine standards.
• Determine cause of potential failure or performance deterioration, and either complete remedial work during shift or brief subsequent shift and Maintenance Manager on issue, cause and recommended solution.
• Use manuals and failure history to develop preventative tasks. Brief the Maintenance Manager of the tasks and its purpose.
• Provide Associate Training where appropriate, and provide a signed record of training to the Production Manager at the end of shift.
• Conduct risk assessment prior to any maintenance work and ensure conclusions are implemented prior to the start of the work to remove hazards.
• Ensure that equipment is handed back to production in 100% safe condition.
• Ensure regular standardised work conformation audits are undertaken and achieve world class levels of conformance. Identify reasons for non-conformance and rectify.
• Working with teams to implement a culture of Continuous Improvement.
• Work within a culture of continuous improvement within the Maintenance Team.
• Standard of work
• Reports clear concise and up to date
• Work completed.
• Rate of recommendation, and implementation of machine and process improvements
• Complete corrective actions during shift to return equipment to standard output, quality and waste levels.
Knowledge and skills
• Able to read electrical drawings
• Ability to logically fault find.
• Experience of inverter, servo, and DC Drives
• Worked with circuits from 415 to 24VDC power & control.
• Carried out PPM.
• Understanding of pneumatics.
• Read mechanical drawings
• Fabrication experience.
• Experience of FM, and ability to implement FM best practice within an environment of continuous improvement.
• Ability to lead by example and motivate teams.
• Highly self motivated to achieve results.
• Positive and enthusiastic approach to work.
• Attention to detail.
• A team player.
• Ability to work within a team whilst coaching team members.
• Ability to approach and deal with situations with a class leading management style.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to manage time effectively.
• To observe the Company rules for employees
• To observe Company policy on Quality Assurance
• To observe Company policy on Health, Safety, and Environment.
• To co-operate readily, politely, and amicably with other company personnel.
• To undertake any other duties that may reasonable be requested.
Skills and Experience
• Good problem-solving/organisational skills
• Worked in a factory Environment
• Team Player – though capable of working on own initiative.
• Experience of dealing within a fast paced, demand driven environment.
• Good Communication skills at all levels
• 17th Edition
• PAT test experience
• 2391 – 10 Electrical Testing
• HNC/HND or equivalent in mechanical or electrical engineering.
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in electrical or mechanical Engineer
For more information, please contact Simon Knowles, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 Ext 1 or [email protected] or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
20 June 2018
Senior Engineer - Electrical Control and Instrumentation
- DevonPort, Plymouth
- £41,355 + Benefits
£41,355 + Benefits
24 April 2018
Field Sales Representative
- Chessington, Surrey/Hampshire border area
- £24,000 + Bonus + Benefits
£24,000 + Bonus + Benefits
12 June 2018
- London/South Wales/Wokingham
- Dependent on experience
Dependent on experience
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
25 June 2018
Fuel Service Technician
- West Midlands
- £24k to start + Allowances and training
£24k to start + Allowances and training
22 June 2018
- Whiteley, Hampshire
- £25-50k depending on experience + Commission
£25-50k depending on experience + Commission
22 June 2018
Large Calibre Armourer
- Shoeburyness, Essex
- up to £28k
up to £28k
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering
I would definitely recommend them for future use for other roles in the business for the following reasons:
1. Quick response time
2. Good probing techniques to ensure they passed on the correct candidates from the paper sift
3. Polite and professional
4. Good calibre of candidate
David C., Community Regeneration Company