Generator Mechanic (277jc)
|Salary:||$54,600 + Excellent Ex-Pat Package|
|Sectors:||Construction, Engineering, Overseas|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They are now seeking to recruit a Generator Mechanic who will report to the Power Plant Supervisor and you will have 7 personnel reporting to you.
Your role, under the direction of the Power Plant Supervisor, will be to maintain all the generators on North or South Camps, as well as the allocated remote site generators, and supervises the teams of Egyptian National mechanics provided.
Generators shall be maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Maintenance of the generators includes working with colleagues and Force Supply personnel to identify and requisition parts or consumables for the generators, recommending modifications to improve efficiency and monitoring performance (fuel consumption per KWhr) of the power plant.
Therefore your responsibilities will include:
• The Generator Mechanic will be responsible for supervising the operation and maintenance of the allocated generators and ensure that all work is performed in accordance with organisation’s safety rules and operating procedures
• Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, organising preventive and corrective maintenance and repairs, modifications and minor improvements. Supervises the Egyptian National work force to carry out the maintenance work required.
• Ensures that the generators are maintained in accordance with the Power Plant Supervisor’s instructions.
• Develops plans for generator improvement, modifications and bills of material to assist the Electrical Power Supervisor Generator Mechanic.
• Responsible for supervising the workshops provided. This includes maintaining a register of specialist tools, restricting use to authorised personnel only, arranging for requisitions to be raised for new specialist tools when required and ensuring an adequate level of spare tools is held for maintaining the generators
• Develops and implements ‘On the Job Training (OJT)’ programme for Egyptian National generator mechanics. Maintains records of training and those trained. Ensuring that all Egyptian Nationals who use specialist tools have been properly trained and certified by the incumbent (Generator Mechanic) to use the specialist tools concerned. The training records shall show the date of training, the procedures or equipment trained upon and be updated every month. The training shall also equip the Egyptian Nationals for advancement within the Power Plant. Forwards lists of those trained together with the courses and equipment trained upon to the Power Plant Supervisor every month.
• Ensures that workshops and generator areas are maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
• Maintains detailed records of all work undertaken (in terms of description, man-hours expended and items used), and ensures accurate and timely completion of work orders. Ensures that all work orders are raised in SAP and these are maintained up-to date.
• 24 hour “on call” duty may be required to provide the Camp with electrical power.
• May be required to perform in other duties when the organisation operational THREATCOM LEVEL changes.
• Performs emergency and stand-by duties as required and performs other duties as required/assigned.
• Maintains an ‘accident book’ for the power generation staff (including assigned Egyptian Nationals) and records all injuries requiring any medical attention. The book should contain the circumstances of the incident if treatment is required by Force Medical Staff at a Dispensary.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following minimum qualifications and experience:
• Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience, with a least 3 years’ in Supervisory role within the service industry involving Generator Mechanical repair, fault finding, planned maintenance, load testing and use.
• Thorough knowledge of the common practices, tools, terminology and safety precautions of the Generator Mechanical trade; ability to plan and supervise the work of subordinates; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
• Excellent organization skills capable of working in fast paced, changing priority environment; results oriented and focused on outcome; computer skills a must; utilizing excel, word, Microsoft; and excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Must be able to work without supervision and always looking to develop procedures through continuous improvement. Must have recognized mechanical engineering qualifications from Home Country with experience in Generator Mechanical operations. Must maintain a “safety & quality first” attitude with a solid customer focused outlook.
Additional role requirements:
• Ability to: read, interpret and work from blueprints; prepare rough sketches of work and estimates of material and labour; select proper materials to be used; work cooperatively with others; skilfully use the proper tools.
• Must hold a valid Home Country driver’s license and able to obtain and maintain an appropriate driving and equipment license. All driving requirements are for both in and off camp conditions.
• Must be fluent in English, a working knowledge of Arabic/Spanish would be a plus.
This role would probably suit a JNCO/NCO and who has a wealth of hands on experience in looking after and servicing various types of generators, as well as the ability to pass on his knowledge to the next generation of individuals.
In return they are offering a good tax free salary package, as well as an outstanding benefit package which includes 20% salary uplift, pension plan, as well as ongoing professional development program. You will also be entitled to 28 ½ days leave per year, with free flights, accommodation, food, insurance as well as a lot of other extras.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
06 December 2017
- Sinai, Egypt
- $54,600 + Excellent Ex-Pat Package
$54,600 + Excellent Ex-Pat Package
04 December 2017
- Preston, with travel throughout the UK.
- Negotiable - Dependent on Experience
Negotiable - Dependent on Experience
27 November 2017
- Battersea, London
- £120 - £150 per day
£120 - £150 per day
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
I have been a successful candidate of Ex-Mil twice. Unlike other agencies, there is no flannel or waffle from JC and his team. They talk a language we all understand, and with integrity and honesty not found elsewhere. Very easy to deal with, and highly recommended for employers and potential employees alike.
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering
I would definitely recommend them for future use for other roles in the business for the following reasons:
1. Quick response time
2. Good probing techniques to ensure they passed on the correct candidates from the paper sift
3. Polite and professional
4. Good calibre of candidate
David C., Community Regeneration Company
I have met many recruitment providers who promise the earth and deliver nothing. I am pleased to say that J-C is not in that category - he delivers what he promises without compromise. Furthermore, he thoroughly researches his client so as to understand the requirement, then selects and prepares the candidates accordingly. Finally he provides an accurate and timely debrief to all concerned. An excellent service throughout.
Mike Ryan, Defence & Aerospace Consultant