Vacancy - Health and Safety Officer 030jc
|Location:||Halifax, West Yorkshire|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Health & Safety, Training|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Your role will be to drive through essential improvements and thrive on the variety of challenges, and instigate the appropriate training systems and courses relating to HSE, and become the company “champion” in all aspects of HSE.
Therefore your duties and responsibilities will cover all aspects of HSE, including:
• General Risk Assessment and control - workplace/work equipment/work activity including facilities management and engineering requirements such as electrical installation, lifting equipment
• Control of Contractors - ensuring all sub-contractors (third party engineers) working on customer sites are trained and have appropriate documentation etc.
• Office risk assessment and control - including DSE requirements, manual handling and ergonomics.
• COSHH risk assessment and control.
• Maintenance of Health & Safety Files and Company Health & Safety Data
• Fire risk assessment requirements.
• Inspection and audit - monitoring control measures and performance against agreed standards and targets.
• Establishing a more formal Health & Safety Management system
As well as:
Facilities Management support
• Fire alarm testing/recording.
• Fire equipment inspection/records.
• Statutory inspections - coordination.
• To carry out accident / incident investigations to cover all aspects of risk.
• Meet H&S training requirements for the site.
• To effectively communicate and consult at all level with respect to H&S.
You will also be required to visit sites of work on occasion and ensure everything is in order and all staff are working according to Health & Safety regulations.
You must be able to drive through the essential improvements, thrive on a variety of challenges and put in place the appropriate Health & Safety training for department managers with the aim of empowering them to take a more proactive role in achieving Health & Safety goals.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following qualifications, skills and abilities:
• NEBOSH General Minimum
• IOSH accredited with the ability of working towards diploma level.
• Success in the job will be gauged by the ability to solve problems, not merely identify them, and to demonstrate skills in prioritising issues and influencing others.
• An engineering or vehicle background could also be useful.
This role would probably suit someone from and engineering or construction background, who has familiarity with specialist vehicles and equipment.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
07 June 2018
- Dependent on experience
Dependent on experience
23 May 2018
Marine Engineering / Manoeuvring Room Trainer Instructor
- Excellent Salary Package
Excellent Salary Package
19 April 2018
- £25-30k depending on experience
£25-30k depending on experience
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
16 August 2018
Trainee Facilities Manager
- Kensington, London
- up to £45k + Development
up to £45k + Development
14 August 2018
Trainee Installation and Service Engineer
- Whiteley, Hampshire
- circa £20k to start
circa £20k to start
08 August 2018
Vehicle Mechanic (Plant / HGV)
- £35,000 - £45,000
£35,000 - £45,000
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering
I would definitely recommend them for future use for other roles in the business for the following reasons:
1. Quick response time
2. Good probing techniques to ensure they passed on the correct candidates from the paper sift
3. Polite and professional
4. Good calibre of candidate
David C., Community Regeneration Company