On Site Medical Technician vacancy in Great Ormond Street, London (049jc)
|Location:||Great Ormond Street, London|
|Salary:||starting at £ 30-£32k|
|Sectors:||Electronics, Engineering, Facilities Management, Health & Safety|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Operation Manager and your role will be to assist medical staff at the site.
Therefore you will be utilising a wide array of knowledge, technical skills and problem solving abilities to support my client’s service solutions.
You will improve quality by ensuring that company equipment is always available and fully functional, facilitate training to all levels of staff as required, implement quality improvements and continuously assure the highest standards are maintained in all aspects of service.
You will also interface between company and the facility to support a mutually beneficial working relationship to enhance our aspirations for the promotion of minimally invasive surgery.
Therefore your specific duties and responsibilities will include
The On-Site Technician (OST) shall promptly, conscientiously and efficiently perform the following tasks to ensure the timely discharge of the obligations of my client to the customers’ facility. And the role of the OST will include but not be limited to;
• The day to day management of various company assets in one or multiple customer facilities primarily based in the operating theatre department or any other department as required.
• Responsibilities may include video imaging system set-up and first line maintenance, inspection, troubleshooting/replacement of devices used within the facility.
• Preventative maintenance of all devices, trouble shoot video imaging and instrument issues, inspection of the instruments and the documentation of their functionality.
• Inspect and maintain instrument sets so that they are always in good working order and ready for use, facilitate repairs and arrange replacement equipment.
• Management of the devices and instruments as determined by the SMART Solutions agreement to ensure the minimal risk to the company and the facility.
• Tasks and duties agreed to be of mutual benefit by both company and the authorized representative of the facility and confirmed in writing to the OST by company.
• Ensure the confidentiality of both patient care and business matters, by assuring that any confidential information is not shared or discussed except as required in the performance of required duties in accordance with company and the facility guidelines.
• To carry out Surgeon and Nurse user training necessary on equipment used in the facility to ensure the seamless interface between technical and clinical aspects to the ultimate benefit of the service delivered by the facility to the patient
• To attend at the facility at agreed times for the purposes of fulfilling the role described herein.
• Attend all periodic and ad hoc meetings with the medical facility representative, medical and administrative staff employed by or on behalf of the facility.
• Maintain technical competency through regular and frequent attendance at appropriate courses as agreed with line manager.
• Ensure that COSHH, HTM and all applicable Health & Safety standards and requirements are met at all times by the company, its employees, servants and agents.
• Ensure that the company performance of the services is ISO 9001 compliant.
• Attend upon, supervise and manage the delivery, off-loading and storage of Equipment at the Unit by the Trust/ Hospital’s Technical Support porterage and warehouse staff as required.
• Awareness and compliance with local medical facility policies relevant to their activities.
• Carry out any ad hoc duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Integration Manager.
Please note that this role will involve regular travel and time away from home, as well as manual handling on a daily basis. You will have to ensure compliance to the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures, as well as having a duty of care for yourself and others, whilst ensuring compliance to all relevant Quality and Environmental policies
To be eligible for this role you will need the following qualifications and experience:
• NVQ Level 2 / 3 in Healthcare, Nursing qualification or similar
• 2 years’ experience in a healthcare environment
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to concentrate on tasks, think independently, use sound judgement, prioritise, make quick decisions and problem solve
• Ability to communicate at all levels effectively and work independently on assignments
• IT Literate
• Polite and courteous manner regardless of the situation
• Good English in verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work calmly under pressure
• Willingness to go the extra mile at busy times
• Ability to work under own initiative
This role would suit either a CMT or similar, or someone who has previously worked on medical equipment in the forces and who is seeking to join a growing and developing company that is seeking to extend its footprint further.
In return they are offering a good starting salary and benefits package, with ongoing product training and development.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
11 February 2020
RF Radio Telecommunications Engineer
- East Hanningfield - Chelmsford
25 February 2020
Air Traffic Management Safety Engineer
- circa £50 - 62k + Benefits
circa £50 - 62k + Benefits
17 June 2020
Technical Support Engineer
- Cheltenham -
- £30,000 - £44,000
£30,000 - £44,000
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering