Vacancy - Project/Program Manager 058jc
|Sectors:||Construction, Engineering, Facilities Management, Health & Safety, Management, Overseas, Project Management, Senior Appointments|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Country Manager, and your role will be to plan and team of construction project managers from the Afghan HQ to ensure that all construction projects are completed on time and on budget.
You will be responsible for managing and supervising the construction and installations of any kind for my client and assessing all installations and equipment relevant for the company. They will advise and counsel The Management in Afghanistan in relation to all construction, technical and facility related issues and projects.
Therefore your Key Responsibilities will include:
• Planning, project managing and execution of construction projects, as well as the management of all sub-contractors involved.
• Plan and execute development of company operated BFI facilities
• Initiate upgrade and repairs of existing facilities
• Develop storage facility documentation in relation to construction projects, as well as identify requirements and develop Statement Of Works for Request For Proposals to subcontractors and suppliers in relation to construction
• Develop, update and report on budget and economy for construction projects
• Administration and update of all technical documentation in relation to company operated facilities
• Assessment and qualification of new storage facilities, buildings and BFI areas to provide basis for decision
• Support the Management Team in all technical and facility related issues
• Conduct technical evaluations
• Specify and supervise rectification work in order to maximize efficiency of the various BFI.
• Assist operations and site managers to solve operating problems.
• Confer with scientific, engineering, and technical personnel in order to resolve design, and operating problems.
• Write technical reports for management personnel.
• With the Regional & Site Managers, coordinate the installation of BFI equipment.
• Individual site level project management and also wider regional level project oversight
• Leadership of project managers and assigned project resources depending on project scope
• Regular reporting to senior management on project delivery status
• Other tasks as directed by the Country Manager or his deputy
To be eligible for this role you will need the following background and skills:
• Project Management planning experience using Prince 2 or PMP principles is essential. This will be gained in technical construction, preferably fuel installations. Alternatively, experience gained in a similar role in a military environment where they have project managed construction or logistics operations into austere environments using Prince 2 planning principles.
• Experience gained within a military operations centre within an austere environment is highly desirable where Prince 2 practices have been implemented.
• Experience in developing full project documentation is essential including but not limited to: RFQ containing preliminary drawings, SOW, project plan, time tables, quality plan, handover documentation and certification.
• Financial skills and experience in managing project budgets is essential.
• Experience using recognised methods on projects (Prince2 for example) through all phases of the project life cycle is essential.
• Experience of and willingness to work in remote and austere is essential.
• Prince 2 qualification or similar is essential.
• Strong IT skills are essential
• Strong team working skills are essential
• Strong analytical skills and numerate ability is essential.
• Strong stakeholder management skills are essential.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English is essential.
The ideal candidate for this role, would probably be someone from the Royal Engineers, WO/LE or Officer, who has significant multi-site construction management experience, who is now seeking to move from a Project Manager role into a more Program Manager Post.
In return they are offering and very competitive salary package, which is monthly paid, 10 week and 3 week rotation, monthly meal allowance paid in cash in country, with all travel and insurance covered by the client.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
26 June 2018
Field Service Engineer
- £27-32k + Benefits
£27-32k + Benefits
20 July 2018
- Wembley, London
08 August 2018
Vehicle Mechanic (Plant / HGV)
- £35,000 - £45,000
£35,000 - £45,000
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
21 September 2018
Technical Support Engineer
- £30-38k + Benefits
£30-38k + Benefits
19 September 2018
8 Wheeled Wagon/Tipper Driver
- £27,700 + Over Time
£27,700 + Over Time
17 September 2018
Plant Vehicle Service Manager
- Studdon, Northumberland
- circa £30 -35k
circa £30 -35k
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering
I would definitely recommend them for future use for other roles in the business for the following reasons:
1. Quick response time
2. Good probing techniques to ensure they passed on the correct candidates from the paper sift
3. Polite and professional
4. Good calibre of candidate
David C., Community Regeneration Company