Site Technician (075gs)
|Location:||Watford and Southeast England|
|Sectors:||Admin, Construction, Facilities Management, General, Health & Safety|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Engaging with site operatives
• Maintain a register of operatives and staff on site detailing their records
• Identify training needs of site personnel and inform them of upcoming training bookings
• Liaise with the Foreman to complete staff wages in draft, and finalise with the Site Agent
Site documentation and statistics
• Ensure all paperwork and posters are displayed on the site office wall and kept up to date
• Ensure all reported near misses are recorded following procedure, and submitted to the Office Manager each week
• Ensure all Safety and Environmental Statistics are recorded and sent to management monthly
• Ensure current revisions of drawings are the ones being used on the site
• Upload relevant sire information onto Envoy, ensuring it is up to date
• Deliver toolbox talks and present Cascade to site operatives, ensuring Cascade registers are complete and returned
• Maintain a site diary, site correspondence file and photographic record of the project
• Produce and display a roles and responsibilities chart, establishing the responsibility for each role on site
Monitor plant and equipment
• Produce a site register to record all items to be inspected under LOLER and PUWER regulations and ensure they are regularly checked
• Record the condition of plant arriving on site on a form with photographs
• Check the weekly plant sheet against the actual plant on site and ensure any anomalies are resolved through communications with the Cost Manager
Key Measures & Targets:
• Monthly and weekly reporting timescales are met
• Adherence to Business Unit Objectives
• Ensure 3 Pillar KPI measures are met
• Site Agents, Site Engineers and Foremen
• Contract Manager
• General Public
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
• Ability to apply a methodical approach to site documentation / correspondence and filing
• Familiarity with health & safety issues/procedures on site
• Ability to use Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Educated to A-Level standard, or equivalent
• Ability to receive, interpret and implement instructions
• Good communication skills, with ability to liaise confidently with site teams, suppliers, customers and the public
• Good timekeeping and reliability
• Familiarity with construction site work
As well as offering a competitive salary, remuneration for this role includes flexible benefits, which provides a range of guaranteed benefits including but not limited to:
• 5% Company pension contribution
• Life Assurance at 2x notional salary
• Single persons medical cover
• Permanent Health Cover
The Client is seeking individuals who are looking for long-term roles with progression and training in the Construction Industry.
The ideal candidates will be from the Royal Engineers, REME or AG Corps who have probably served a minimum term, i.e. JNCO or below and who are now seeking a developed career path.
The Client is willing to provide ongoing training and development for the right individuals in this rapidly expanding sector.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
21 September 2018
Technical Support Engineer
- £30-38k + Benefits
£30-38k + Benefits
19 September 2018
8 Wheeled Wagon/Tipper Driver
- £27,700 + Over Time
£27,700 + Over Time
17 September 2018
Plant Vehicle Service Manager
- Studdon, Northumberland
- circa £30 -35k
circa £30 -35k
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering
I would definitely recommend them for future use for other roles in the business for the following reasons:
1. Quick response time
2. Good probing techniques to ensure they passed on the correct candidates from the paper sift
3. Polite and professional
4. Good calibre of candidate
David C., Community Regeneration Company