Trainee Driller (109ls)
|Salary:||Dependent on experience|
|Sectors:||Engineering, General, Renewable Energy|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Reporting to the regional Rig Coordinator, the successful applicant will be based from the Wokingham Office and will be joining an experienced and enthusiastic team of staff delivering ground investigation and geotechnical services to a wide-ranging client base, primarily in South East England but also further across the UK when required.
The Trainee Driller will be primarily responsible for assisting the Lead Driller to safely set up and advance geotechnical boreholes, carry out in-situ testing, install monitoring wells and backfill boreholes in accordance with the specification provided by the Client.
• To adhere to all Health, Safety, Environment and Quality policies and site specific EH&S requirements at all times.
• To adhere to the Drillers Code of Conduct at all times.
• Attend inductions, training and EH&S meetings as and when required.
• Work with project managers and site engineers to ensure field work is delivered safely and efficiently whilst maintaining high quality standards.
• In conjunction with the Rig Coordinator, work towards internal Verification of Competence appropriate to the role.
• Work on projects anywhere within the UK, near shore/offshore and overseas.
• During standby periods the Driller may be asked to assist with general duties in the yard and/or other sites to assist with the timely completion of both internal and external projects.
• To attend and engage with training, both formal & informal in order to progress career
To assist the Lead Driller in the following duties:
• Production of site records including, but not limited to; daily drilling logs, pre-start drilling rig checks, risk assessments, vehicle and tachograph records.
• Undertake ground investigation utilising ground penetrating plant in accordance with the appropriate specification.
• Completing in-situ testing and sampling in accordance with the requirements set out in Eurocode 7 and British Standards.
• Carrying out routine and preventative maintenance, including regular cleaning of rig and vehicle, as and when required. Ensuring the maintenance and appearance of the drill rig and vehicle is kept to a high standard.
Undertake other general labouring duties e.g. erecting fences, general reinstatement, light instrument monitoring, delivery of consumables, hand dug inspection pits and collection of samples.
£18,500 - £21,000 depending on experience/transferable skills. This has potential to rise even in first 6 months for a good candidate.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
25 June 2018
Fuel Service Technician
- West Midlands
- £24k to start + Allowances and training
£24k to start + Allowances and training
22 June 2018
- Whiteley, Hampshire
- £25-50k depending on experience + Commission
£25-50k depending on experience + Commission
22 June 2018
Large Calibre Armourer
- Shoeburyness, Essex
- up to £28k
up to £28k
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering
I would definitely recommend them for future use for other roles in the business for the following reasons:
1. Quick response time
2. Good probing techniques to ensure they passed on the correct candidates from the paper sift
3. Polite and professional
4. Good calibre of candidate
David C., Community Regeneration Company