Technical Building Manager (159jc)
|Sectors:||Facilities Management, General, Health & Safety, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
This is a replacement role, due to internal promotion, you will be reporting to the Facilities Manager who used to have this role, and also to the Asset Management Team when needed.
In this role you will be based in one of their high end residential developments and you role will be to ensure that the property is run smoothly and in accordance with SOP’s.
Therefore, your responsibilities will include:
• Managing client and resident expectations and relations.
• Managing building services, fabric, plant machinery, equipment with timely completion of reactive PPM tasks.
• Manage the M&E contractors for the site including tendering contracts
• Manage all soft service contractors including cleaning, security, landscaping including tendering contracts.
• Monitor contractor performance against SLA's and KPI's.
• Manage PPM and reactive works and monitor expenditure in conjunction with the asset manager.
• Manage the life safety installations, maintenance and periodic testing/ inspections to ensure full compliance at all times.
• Regular inspections of the buildings and M&E services provided by the in-house staff and all contractors.
• Chairing meetings with all M&E contracts managers and in-house team.
• Chairing meetings with the client representative and senior company management team.
• Prepare and update maintenance records including asset register, operating and maintenance manuals and record drawings via the electronic document storage system including Track Record.
• Management of all H & S requirements including updating risk assessments, method statements and issuing building “permits to work”.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
• Residential property management experience - desirable.
• Trophy/prestige building experience - desirable.
• Ability to manage complex building issues.
• Experience of managing in house staff as well as liaising with clients, contractors and tenants.
• Excellent understanding of all relevant Health and Safety requirements and legislation.
• HND / ONC / HNC Engineering Qualification or equivalent.
• NEBOSH qualified.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as good numeracy skills working across a wide range of data.
• Exceptional customer service experience.
• Experience of managing staff effectively.
• Honest with strong integrity
• Task focused but flexible
• To have a logical and structural way of thinking and able to present information in such a way.
• Interest in property management
• Good work ethic, always wanting to go the extra mile.
• Excellent telephone manner
• Ability to prioritise
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• Languages an advantage
The key for this role, is that the client is seeking someone who he can develop and train, as he is ex REME and perhaps grow into his replacement in the future, or to develop so that they can take a step up in the company as they have operations both in the UK and across the globe. He is seeking someone who has a strong engineering background, who can deal effectively with contractors and understand their issues and problems, as well at the same time deal with the local property owners, as this is an exclusive luxury complex.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary, with the ability to rapidly increase your earning potential as you grow within the role, coupled with being mentored and trained by someone who is recognised within the company as one of their best operatives.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
16 August 2018
Trainee Facilities Manager
- Kensington, London
- up to £45k + Development
up to £45k + Development
14 August 2018
Trainee Installation and Service Engineer
- Whiteley, Hampshire
- circa £20k to start
circa £20k to start
08 August 2018
Vehicle Mechanic (Plant / HGV)
- £35,000 - £45,000
£35,000 - £45,000
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering
I would definitely recommend them for future use for other roles in the business for the following reasons:
1. Quick response time
2. Good probing techniques to ensure they passed on the correct candidates from the paper sift
3. Polite and professional
4. Good calibre of candidate
David C., Community Regeneration Company