Design Engineer vacancy in Gloucester (164jc)
|Sectors:||Electronics, Engineering, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager, and your role will be to design and detail Electro – Mechanical solutions in line with Product Design Specifications and relevant standards, complete cable drawings, compiling BoM’s, assist with prototype build documentation and design information for formal release to manufacture. Support Production, Sales and TEMPEST teams as products progress through all stages of the product lifecycle.
Therefore, your mail responsibilities will include:
• Create Electro - Mechanical design solutions to comply with the Product Design Specification and budgetary targets.
• Create and maintain product drawings and product design documentation.
• Support Production Engineering to produce accurate product build documentation by compiling annotated pictorial assembly steps.
• Support prototype builds programs.
• Support TEMPEST Engineers in ensuring products designed meet TEMPEST requirements.
• Assist Production Test and TEMPEST Engineering with validation testing of developed products.
• Liaise with Production department to achieve continuous product improvement.
• Actively support the company Document Release and Engineering Change Request procedures.
• Ensure work is in accordance with company, customer and BS standards.
• Support the Engineering function to ensure efficient and effective processes.
• To focus on personal development and self-improvement to be able to deliver the full expectations of the role and to progress career in line with personal aspirations and business needs.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Degree in Electrical & Electronic or Mechatronics with a minimum of 2 years design experience.
• Circuit understanding of Communications, Computer and IT equipment. Modern design practices, manufacturing/prototyping processes, and their costs drivers.
• Experience in designing and drafting using 3D and 2D CAD tools, preferably Solidworks & AutoCAD. A strong understanding of manufacturing processes and their associated cost drivers. Experience designing electro-mechanical enclosures, sheet metal and machined components an advantage.
• Must have good attention to detail, analytical and a problem solver, must be able to produce clear and concise design documentation with a “right first time” attitude.
• Basic understanding of UK TEMPEST standards.
• Basic understanding of UK & US Military EMC and Environmental Test Standards.
• Good communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Ability to obtain SC clearance.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary and a benefits package which includes 25 days + 8 days bank holiday, 38hrs per week and a pension scheme which includes up to 6% company contribution.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
20 February 2020
Applications Support Engineer
- £35000 to $40000
£35000 to $40000
11 February 2020
RF Radio Telecommunications Engineer
- East Hanningfield - Chelmsford
18 June 2020
Production Team Leader
- £ Competitive
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering