Engineering Manager vacancy in Gloucester (165jc)
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Electronics, Engineering, Management, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the General Manager and heading up the Engineering Design team and your purpose will be to lead the Engineering function globally. To provide innovative solutions and products at the lowest possible costs in order to meet customer requirements. To act as Design Authority on behalf of the Company. To build a high performing engineering function that deliveries best in class products, on time to the customer.
Therefore, your detailed attributes will include:
• Responsible for delivering Design and Development programs to specification and to agreed schedules.
• Deliver within agreed budgets and strategic plans
• Obsessive drive for results, with the ability to influence key stakeholders
• Be financially astute, have clear understanding of business financials and sales margins.
• To drive Continuous Improvement within the business
• To be an integral part of the senior leadership team and contribute to strategic planning and tactical implementation of the business to maximise value creation
• Sister companies within the Group
• UK Sales, Product Management and Finance Teams
• UK HR & IT Teams
• Customers and Suppliers
• Engineering teams in other facilities
• To focus on personal development and self-improvement to be able to deliver the full expectations of the role and to progress career in line with personal aspirations and business needs.
• To inspire and develop team culture, capabilities and attitudes within the business that support the aims and objectives of people and the business. Ensure the development of succession plans for key posts in the team, develop & nurture individuals to advance within the organisation.
• To review the performance of individuals in the team and identify areas for improvement and development using own influence and coaching skills.
• Ability to manage an Engineering Team who are responsible for developing complex technical solutions in tight timeframes in a secure environment
• To support Production and Product Management in delivering product / solutions to agreed timeframes
• To be able to communicate with all relevant Stakeholders showing an in depth understanding of issues, deliverables and issue resolutions
• Maintain, deliver and develop key performance indicators and metrics for the Engineering Department
• To drive lower costs and to shorten design cycles
• To ensure internal processes and controls are kept in line with best practice and company assets are protected.
• To keep abreast of legislative changes that may impact the business.
• To undertake regular reviews of project activities and performance and ensure that there is clear ownership and timelines on addressing issues and delivering to plan.
• To ensure compliance with legislation and conform to best practice in meeting the requirements of the customer.
• To ensure compliance with Customer and National Security Requirements
Leadership & Behavioural
• Be results driven with attention to detail that delivers results and maintains customer satisfaction.
• Provide inspirational leadership to the Engineering Team and be a role model to staff, must be able to make a positive impact within the work environment
• Be able to present with gravitas and credibility and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Engineering Degree with proven Electronic / Mechanical Engineering expertise
• Minimum 5 years of experience leading an Engineering Team
• Experience/Understanding of designing with attention to EMC and TEMPEST considerations
• Commercially aware with good negotiating skills
• Computer literate, with MS Office skills including Excel
• Commercial knowledge of dealing with Customers / Suppliers
• Ability to dissect information and be able to iterate to non-subject matter experts in a clear and concise manner
• Be able to undertake travel in the UK and abroad
• To attend Business Review Meetings
• To positively promote the company to all parties; including: customers, suppliers, employees, management and investors, local communities and other stakeholders.
• To be flexible in working hours in order to meet operational commitments
• Able to obtain Security Clearance to DV level
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary and a benefits package which includes 25 days + 8 days bank holiday, 39hrs per week and a pension scheme which includes up to 6% company contribution.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
10 December 2019
- South East and West Midlands
05 June 2020
Senior Systems Engineer - Maritime Range Investments
- excellent salary and benefits package
excellent salary and benefits package
18 June 2020
Principal Systems Engineer
- £ Competitive
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering