Vacancy - Product Line Manager - Microwave 176jc
|Sectors:||IT/Telecoms, Management, Space Technology|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Business Unit Leader you will be responsible for the management of the Product Life Cycle for a range of products within the Company portfolio.
Therefore, your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for helping define long-range strategies consistent with business and corporate goals and objectives. These include, but are not limited to market, product and technology.
• To understand, articulate, and capture market trends opportunities and then translate them into requirements for new product development.
• To understand customer business needs, routes to market and how best the company can leverage those channels and opportunities.
• To create business plans and documentation to launch plans for future products
• To maximize profitability of the company’s products and be responsible for delivering profitability in line with strategic and operational targets.
• Manage the product life cycle and recommendations for product deletions
• Help to define product pricing strategies, ensuring future costs and pricing meet market and internal margin demands. Responsible for the accuracy/validity of cost models and sets costs targets of products and projects.
• Look for continuous reductions in product costs considering relevant manufacturing and other overhead costs.
• Monitor to ensure all products and projects continue to meet the set objectives, taking correction actions as required.
• Ensure all products comply with relevant standards/legislation in all markets and be aware of changes that may impact the product portfolio.
• Be aware of taxes in all markets be aware of changes in legislation that may impact the product portfolio.
• Work with marketing to develop marketing and communication strategies and documentation including data sheets
To be eligible for this role you will need the following experience:
• 15 years min of RF Microwave engineering experience at IMA, MFA or sub-systems
• Radar system knowledge required to include Mono Pulse and eScan (AESA) and associated applications/platforms
1. Conversant of aperture Vs range and application
2. Strong understanding of band selection for range and application
3. Conversant with eScan (AESA) types of platforms and applications i.e. Multi-Function Radar, Tactical Radar used for Tactical Data Links, SAR, ISAR, FCR and so on
• Missile system knowledge required to include Seeker, Fuze and Data Links
As well as the following qualifications and experience
• HNC/HND or Degree in Engineering or Electronics
• Experience in product line management
• Experience in all product planning and project management activities including generation planning and pricing analysis
• Product experience with a particular sensitivity to scheduling
• Financial and Commercial awareness with understanding of cost structures and basic knowledge of cost accounting principals
• Good written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills; ability to manage diverse projects with different deadlines and priorities
• Strong intellect and awareness of the business environment
• Exhibit a sense of urgency and independent initiative toward accomplishing objectives
• Possess strong analytical and technical skill base
• Strong leadership skills and ability to lead and work within cross-functional teams
• Ability to work with and provide insight to management team
• Knowledge of electronics advantageous
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary and a benefits package which includes 24 days + 8 days bank holiday, 38hrs per week and a pension scheme which includes up to 6% company contribution.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
19 July 2019
Network Support Engineer
- Redhill, Surrey
- Excellent package + Car allowance, On Call Allowance and overtime
Excellent package + Car allowance, On Call Allowance and overtime
14 March 2019
Field Service Engineer
- UK Wide
- £24-30k + Benefits
£24-30k + Benefits
04 March 2019
- Cardiff + Up to 30% Overseas Travel
- circa £35-65k depending on experience.
circa £35-65k depending on experience.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
22 July 2019
Railway CCTV Security
- Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- £13.00 p/h
22 July 2019
Railway Gate House Security
- Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire
- £9.65 to £10.55 /hour
£9.65 to £10.55 /hour
22 July 2019
Railway Security Guard
- Calvert, Buckinghamshire
- £10.50 to £11.00 /hour
£10.50 to £11.00 /hour
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering