Vacancy - Hard Services Manager – Northern Region 195jc
|Location:||Northern England and Scotland|
|Salary:||circa £42k + Benefits|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Facilities Management, Management, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Head of Service North, and you will be leading a team of 2 supervisors and 15 Engineers of various disciplines that complete mandatory and statutory maintenance alongside reactive works within multiple buildings within the North Region, which covers the region from Birmingham through to and including Scotland.
There for your objectives and responsibilities will include:
• To deliver a 5-star experience to all clients and colleagues within the portfolio.
• To ensure staff availability is maintained at >80% across your area of control
• To ensure Customer satisfaction scores increase by a minimum of 5pts every six months then maintain a minimum score of 80pts once achieved
• To deliver E-Sat score improvements on previous results. Target 80%, Stretch Target 85%
• To deliver the agreed services within budget and to the highest standard.
• To develop good Client and Customer relationships as well as key communications with other Managers on the Contract and within the company.
• To ensure the Company’s Health, Safety and Quality procedures are followed. Maintaining 100% statutory and mandatory compliance is met within all buildings at all times, including sub-contractors.
• Attend all mandatory management training specified for the role.
• To ensure standardisation of procedures and consistency in record keeping across all sites of responsibility
• Carry out any other reasonable duties requested by your Line Manager or the client
Therefore, your main duties will be:
• To supervise a multi-disciplined team of personnel, including sub-contractors and any other specialists attending the client’s premises, to achieve the highest level of service to the buildings’ occupants in the most cost effective, technically competent and safe manner
• To provide support to the Management in the efficient use of labour and materials by co-ordinating all planned and reactive maintenance work across designated portfolio of premises. Pro-actively demonstrate and work to the Company’s values of People, Passion, Fresh Thinking and Exciting Futures
• Ensure self and team carry out duties in accordance with all Health and Safety procedures, Codes of Practice and Statutory Regulations
• Monitor the shift rotas and ensure all shifts are fully covered.
• Ensure all tasks are carried out to the highest standard of customer service and that work is completed on time, within budget and meets Service Level Agreements or Key Performance Indicators
• Undertake supervision, coaching, support and development for team members
• Day to day management of relevant employees including conduct, performance, attendance and capability. Taking the necessary and appropriate actions to address any inappropriate behaviour or low standards, with the support and advice of HR.
• Build effective relationships with the client, answering queries, keeping them informed about site activities and developments
• Identify opportunities for, and then organise and manage to completion, any additional works in accordance with any repair and replacement contractual requirements
• Act as the primary point of contact for colleague and customer queries
• Monitor, co-ordinate and manage services provided by specialists and/or sub-contractors
• Undertake scheduled audits on the performance of the subcontractors and own workforce to ensure their performance continues to provide the best value-for-money service
• Ensure compliance for all necessary Permit to Work Systems
• Assist in the implementation of improvements to procedures and systems, making recommendations as appropriate
• Adopt a pro-active approach to the management of all energy and environmental issues in line with the contract requirements
• To understand and complete all work-related documentation accurately and on time
• To understand and comply with policies and procedures
• To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
• Ensure self and team comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
• To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
• To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
• Have a flexible approach to the role.
• Proven People Management, Customer Focus and Service Skills.
• Holds relevant professional qualifications (e.g. mechanical, electrical, building services, air conditioning/refrigeration) – minimum standard C&G level III or equivalent
• Understands the administration and application of a PPM system
• The ability to prioritise workload effectively, with good organisational skills.
• Detail conscious.
• Able to work on own initiative.
• Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation.
• Excellent Time Management Skills.
• Good Communicator.
• Computer literate.
The ideal candidate would be someone who lives North of Birmingham, as the region you will be covering would be covering several sites in the region, including Scotland, have a strong background in FM sector, and who is happy to travel every day.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary, as well as company car, phone and laptop as well as a full benefits package from a FTSE 250 listed company.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
11 October 2018
Product Line Manager
- Milton Keynes
- £Highly Competitive Salary
£Highly Competitive Salary
15 February 2019
Welding and Fabrication Supervisor
- Sinai, Egypt
- Excellent Ex-Pat Package
Excellent Ex-Pat Package
03 December 2018
Marine Engineering / Manoeuvring Room Trainer Instructor
- circa £43k + Benefits
circa £43k + Benefits
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
19 February 2019
- Excellent Package
15 February 2019
Technical Specialist – Networks (273jc) – Birmingham - Excellent Salary
- Birmingham, UK
- Excellent Salary
15 February 2019
Technical Support – Networks
- Excellent Salary
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering