Product Line Manager (196jc)
|Salary:||£Highly Competitive Salary|
|Sectors:||Electronics, Engineering, Management, Project Management, Senior Appointments, Space Technology|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for the management of Microwave Product Portfolio from initial conception to end of Life, to maximise product profitability and to provide intellectual leadership in the development of new products.
Therefore, your key objectives will include:
• Responsible for helping define long-range strategies consistent with business and corporate goals and objectives. These include, but are not limited to market, product and technology.
• To understand, articulate, and capture market trends opportunities and then translate them into requirements for new product development.
• To understand customer business needs, routes to market and how best my client can leverage those channels and opportunities.
• To create business plans and documentation to launch plans for future products
• To maximize profitability of company’s products and be responsible for delivering profitability in line with strategic and operational targets.
• Manage the product life cycle and recommendations for product deletions
• Help to define product pricing strategies, ensuring future costs and pricing meet market and internal margin demands. Responsible for the accuracy/validity of cost models and sets costs targets of products and projects.
• Look for continuous reductions in product costs taking into account relevant manufacturing and other overhead costs.
• Ensure all products comply with relevant standards/legislation in all markets and be aware of changes that may impact the product portfolio.
• Work with marketing to develop marketing and communication strategies and documentation including data sheets.
In order to carry your role, you will have the following
Reporting/ Key Relationships within the company:
• Reporting to the Business Unit Managing Director
• Work with other PLM’s both in the UK and Overseas
• Work closely with staff in the sales channel
• Work closely with the companies Microwave Management Team
• Work closely with the Product Development team
Leadership & Behavioural
• Ability to work with and provide insight to management team
• Strong leadership skills and ability to lead and work within cross-functional teams
• Strong organizational skills; ability to manage diverse projects with different deadlines and priorities
• Financial and Commercial awareness with understanding of margins
• Possess strong analytical and technical skill base
To be eligible for this role, you will need the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Exhibit a sense of urgency and independent initiative toward accomplishing objectives
• Good written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Highly Ethical
• HNC/HND or Degree in Engineering or Electronics
• Experience in product line management
• 10 years’ experience in RF Microwave engineering experience at IMA, MFA or sub-systems
• Experience in all product planning and project management activities including generation planning and pricing analysis
• Radar system knowledge required to include Mono Pulse and eScan (AESA) and associated applications/platforms
1. Conversant of aperture Vs range and application
2. Strong understanding of band selection for range and application
3. Conversant with eScan (AESA) types of platforms and applications i.e. Multi-Function Radar, Tactical Radar used for Tactical Data Links, SAR, ISAR, FCR
• It is essential to the role that all candidate must be eligible for security vetting
The ideal individual would be someone from a production line management background, however they would also consider someone from a Sales/BDM background, so long as they have significant experience in this sector.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary and a benefits package which includes 24 days + 8 days bank holiday, 38hrs per week and a pension scheme which includes up to 6% company contribution.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
10 December 2018
- Bishopsgate, London
- £11.85 per hour
£11.85 per hour
10 December 2018
Sector Business Manager – Defence
- Kingston Upon Thames/Home Based
- £60k + Highly Competitive Package
£60k + Highly Competitive Package
07 December 2018
Fuel Service Technician
- West Midlands
- circa £24k to start + Allowances and training
circa £24k to start + Allowances and training
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering