Night Storeman vacancy in Heathrow, Feltham (211jc)
|Salary:||up to £160.00 per shift.|
|Sectors:||Facilities Management, Cloud, Health & Safety, Logistics/Driving|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Site Project Manager and your role will be to undertake works in connection with the yard and stores including issuing of store’s material and the maintenance of stock, to include purchase orders and receiving goods and managing the yard and offices facilities.
Therefore, your key responsibilities break down into several areas:
• Creation of purchase orders and recording goods inwards / outwards.
• Ensure checks to verify stock levels for re-ordering are accurate and appropriate.
• To take delivery of goods delivered into stores, with the use of forklifts where required. Ensure that goods are checked off in an accurate and timely manner and check for damages and quantity.
• Put materials away in stores after deliveries.
• To get materials out ready for collection by company personnel and for the issuing to jobs
• Keep accurate stock levels.
• Carry out stock checks when required.
• Keep stores clean and tidy.
• Keep log of waste and scrap metal returns from site.
• Keep record of owned and hired plant.
• Manage fleet vehicles
• To ensure our internal and external customers receive a courteous service.
• Manage vehicle movements and parking in the yard.
• To ensure the safe loading and unloading of materials onto vehicles and assisting colleagues in this task where necessary.
• All materials must be secure on the vehicles to enable safe transportation and to avoid any loss or damage.
• Keep yard clean and tidy to include perimeter checks as necessary.
• Manage the skips on site, ensuring that materials are correctly disposed of in the appropriate skips to maximise recycling possibilities. Notify Skip Company when skips require emptying.
• To unlock / lock up the yard and stores as and when required.
• To be available from 16h00 till 04h00 Monday to Friday on a rota basis (or as agreed).
• To work later hours when circumstances dictate.
• To promote equal opportunities and diversity in service delivery.
• To promote the company, its core values and ethos.
• To foster constructive and collaborative working relationships with stakeholders and partner organisations.
• To participate in the continuous improvement of service delivery ensuring that policies and procedures comply with legislation and regulatory requirements.
• To respect the need for confidentiality, when processing personal/customer data.
• Other such duties as may be required from time to time.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
Knowledge and experience
• Experience of working in a similar role, involving work in stores, driving and yard responsibilities for a minimum of two years, or equivalent experience.
• A knowledge of good practice relating to Health and Safety Regulations and Road
• Traffic Regulations.
• Basic understanding to notice faults and damage to vehicle.
• Knowledge of Waste Recycling
• A good knowledge and recognition of construction materials is essential.
• A full driving licence.
• Basic computer literacy and knowledge of stock systems
• Good listener and team player.
• Be methodical and ensure operating procedures for the stores are enforced on all levels
• Be able to work on own initiative and meet set deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multitask
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills
• Forklift licence essential
• Banksman qualification and plant tickets like excavators would be advantageous
Attitude and Characteristics
• Self-motivated and ambitious
• A flexible approach to working arrangements.
• The ability to provide an effective courteous service.
• Team player.
• Decision Maker.
This role would probably suit an ex NCO from either the Royal Engineers or RLC who has a strong background with material stores, as you will be supporting construction work on the airfield during the hours when aircraft are not landing, i.e. between 2200hrs to about 0500hrs in the morning.
In return they are offering an excellent hourly rate, which breaks down as following, first 5 hrs as normal time, then the next 2 hours at time and a third and the last 5 hours at double time, thereby you could be earning about £150 per shift, as well as 23 days holiday, sick pay and pension scheme.
Your busy periods would then to be between 200hrs to 2200hrs as the workmen arrive and sort themselves out prior to entering the site and from about 0300hrs in the morning when they start to return before the airfield re-opens in the morning.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
24 June 2020
- Hackney, London
- up to £30k
up to £30k
20 February 2020
Cook/ Chief / Outdoor Instructor
01 June 2020
Electro-Mechanical Workshop Foreman
- Excellent salary and benefits package
Excellent salary and benefits package
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering