Material Technician vacancy in Hull (212ls)
|Salary:||£19,000 + Substantial overtime (double time sunday)|
|Sectors:||Engineering, General, Naval|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
My client is a UK based valve manufacturing plant based in East Yorkshire, supplying a wide range of manual and actuated process valves in steel, non-ferrous, high alloy and composite materials for the global energy industries; Offshore Oil and Gas, FPSO / FSO, Petro-Chemical, Power Generation, LNG, Naval Marine, Marine Services, Waste Water Treatment & Pipelines. Offering a wide range of gate, ball, globe, butterfly and check valves.
We currently have two vacancies for Materials Technicians in its busy Stores team, based in East Yorkshire. No prior experience is required for this role.
The position includes the following logistics responsibilities
• Receive incoming goods; check for damage and for discrepancies between goods, purchase orders and invoices.
• Accurately sort, label, and store goods; arrange storage to optimize warehouse space.
• Pick and deliver goods according to relevant logistics process.
• Pack, label and dispatch outgoing goods with relevant documents.
• Maintain logistics data to relevant systems to maintain up-to-date stock and inventory records.
• Operate forklifts and/or other warehouse machinery according to process / EHS instructions and licenses (when required).
• To actively participate in the Continuous Improvement Process (developing quality, delivery, safety and methods).
• Keep the store or warehouse area in clean-cut condition according to guidelines to ensure work safety and ergonomics (5S process)
• Carry out Inspection of incoming materials received to ensure all products are compliant with delivery notes, material certification etc.
• Confirm material certification then assign material traceability identification
• Carry out re-inspection of used materials to identify appropriate designation
Knowledge & Experience Required
• Experience within a Military Logistics environment would be desirable but not essential
• It is essential the incumbent can demonstrate a track record of working as part of a team
What’s in it for you?
• Excellent progression prospects
• A stimulating and rewarding career with a class-leading engineering business
• A salary of £19,000 - Av £23,000 with substantial overtime available at request, to all employees (Double time Sundays)
• Fridays 11:30hrs finish
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
18 June 2020
Production Team Leader
- £ Competitive
20 February 2020
General Duties / Outdoor Instructor
- Ballygawley, Co Tyrone, Ireland
01 July 2020
Technical Leader Digital RF
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering