Vacancy - Installation Technician 220jc
|Salary:||circa £25-30k + Benefits|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager, and you will be Office based with up to 25% travel and your role will be responsible for the installation and implementation of Satcom solutions; this will involve RF, M&C and power cabling in panels, equipment racks and Earth Station antennae.
You must also have mechanical experience for installation cable containment, equipment racks and the mechanical build and installation of permanent and temporary Earth station antennae, and your work must be of a high quality to meet our customers’ expectations and specification.
Therefore, your key responsibilities will include:
• Detailed building and wiring of control panels and rack assemblies, working from engineering drawings and schematics
• Installation of permanent and temporary Earth station antennae, associated cable containment and wiring
• Installation of wiring and RF components to bring together the elements to form a fully functional system
• To ensure all installations are of a high standard to meet our customers’ expectations and specifications
• To follow technical schematics and drawings, making any necessary amendments via Microsoft Visio
• To ensure that the warehouse and workshop is always well stocked with materials and kept tidy, ordering materials and scheduling time efficiently
• To ensure that all activities are completed, and works areas are maintained, in line with all health and safety regulations
• To provide occasional support to warehouse and logistics colleagues
• To provide high quality customer service, building relationships with customers
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to be hands on and to carry out installations to a high standard
• Ability to understand how to read and make amendments to technical schematics
• Good understanding of relevant health and safety rules and regulations
• BTEC level qualification (apprenticeship) in electrical and electronic engineering or experience within similar roles.
• CAD or Visio experience preferred, although training will be provided if necessary
• Good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
• Full driving licence to allow mobility for site visits
• Self-motivated and self-sufficient
• Good communication skills with a solid understanding of, and commitment to, the need for outstanding customer service and satisfaction
• Ability to work under pressure to adhere to tight deadlines
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Acceptance and positive approach to working occasional long hours, including business travel and overnight stays
• Some parts of the role can be physical, so a good level of physical fitness is required
• Strong health and safety work ethic
The ideal candidate would probably be an ex Telemec or similar, knowledge of SCIDA would be highly advantageous as well as the ability to gain SC Clearance.
In return they are offering a good salary package, with 24 days holiday (4 of which are taken at Christmas) + Bank holidays, as well as a pension, healthcare and sick leave.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
19 December 2018
System Design Authority
- £35 – 37k + Benefits
£35 – 37k + Benefits
14 March 2019
Senior Software Engineer for Java Human Computer Interface Development
- Competitive salary
14 March 2019
Senior Systems Engineer
- Competitive salary
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering