Vacancy - Junior Sales Engineer 242jc
|Salary:||£25-30k + Commission + Bonus|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Electronics, Engineering, IT/Telecoms, Sales|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Account Manager and/or Internal Sales Manager and your role will be to support the Internal and External sales team to meet or exceed sales objectives for the full line of their Satellite Communications (Satcom) and Broadcast products within a defined territory; developing long-term relationships with our existing customer base and establishing new opportunities.
Initially, this role will sit within the Internal Sales Team and the incumbent will be provided with training and mentoring to allow a move in to external sales activities within a 6-12-month period.
Therefore, your key responsibilities will include:
• Support the internal sales process by ensuring that order processing, quotes and follow-up calls are completed Maintain customer relationships in defined territory
• Meet or exceed group sales targets; increase market share through achieving maximum sales within existing accounts and discovering new customers
• Promote the full product range of Satcom and Broadcast products
• Assist colleagues in communicating with overseas suppliers and support UK supplier visits
• Participate in sales meetings, exhibitions and trade shows
• Continually expand product and application knowledge and keep abreast of competition, competitive issues, products and markets
• Maintain customer details in CRM system, ensuring contact details and activities are accurate and kept up to date at all times
• Communicate competitive information to the Product Manager and Marketing team
• Accompany existing Account Managers and Engineers on customer visits to gain experience
• Participate fully in pre- and post-sales customer support
• Make the required number of customer visits, as defined by sales plan, ensuring they are planned efficiently in clusters to make best use of time
• Work with the Marketing team to increase sales through targeting current customers and identifying and exploiting new markets
To be eligible for this role, you will need the following Education, knowledge and skills
• Good understanding of RF communications and Broadcast products, with a background of ‘hands on’ technical experience
• Experience in, or a strong desire to move into, a customer facing sales environment
• Good IT skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs
• Good working knowledge of SAP Business 1 CRM system preferred, although training can be provided
• Good technical support skills
• Strong organisation and planning skills, with the ability to juggle conflicting priorities
• Higher level education (apprenticeship, HNC/Degree) in electronic engineering
• Full driving licence
You will also need the following:
• Self-motivated and confident, with a desire to move into a technical sales role
• Good telephone manner with a solid understanding of, and commitment to, the need for outstanding customer service and satisfaction
• Ability to work under pressure to adhere to tight deadlines
• Articulate and eloquent, with excellent oral and written communication skills and cultural awareness
• Acceptance and positive approach to working occasional long hours, including business travel and overnight stays
• Some parts of the role can be physical, so a good level of physical fitness is required
• Professional appearance, both personally and in work areas
In return they are offering a good salary package, with 24 days holiday (4 of which are taken at Christmas) + Bank holidays, as well as a pension, healthcare and sick leave.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
03 May 2019
Comms Engineering Manager
- North London
- £50-60k + Benefits
£50-60k + Benefits
23 April 2019
Wifi Network Engineer
- South Wales, with up to 30% overseas travel
24 April 2019
Merlin Avionics Supervisor
- Boscombe Down, Wiltshire
- up to £33k + Benefits
up to £33k + Benefits
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
21 June 2019
Field Collections Officers
- Multiple Locations (see below)
- £25-35k OTE self-employed basis.
£25-35k OTE self-employed basis.
19 June 2019
Digital Programme Manager
- City of London
- circa £45k
18 June 2019
Heavy/Tracked Vehicle Mechanic/Foreman
- Southend on Sea, Essex
- Up to £35k + Benefits
Up to £35k + Benefits
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering