Vacancy - Sales Engineer 244jc
|Salary:||£40k + commission and bonus.|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Electronics, IT/Telecoms, Sales|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Account Manager and your role will be to meet or exceed sales objectives for the full line of their Satellite Communications (Satcom) and Broadcast products within a defined territory, developing long-term relationships with our existing customer base and establishing new opportunities.
Therefore, your key responsibilities will include:
• Maintain customer relationships in defined territory
• Meet or exceed group sales targets; increase market share through achieving maximum sales within existing accounts and discovering new customers
• Promote the full product range of Satcom and Broadcast products
• Make the required number of customer visits, as defined by sales plan, ensuring they are planned efficiently in clusters to make best use of time
• Participate fully in pre- and post-sales customer support
• Assist colleagues in communicating with overseas suppliers and support UK supplier visits
• Participate in sales meetings, exhibitions and trade shows
• Continually expand product and application knowledge and keep abreast of competition, competitive issues, products and markets
• Work with the Marketing team to increase sales through targeting current customers and identifying and exploiting new markets
• Maintain customer details in CRM system, ensuring contact details and activities are accurate and kept up to date at all times
• Communicate competitive information to the Product Manager and Marketing team
• Support the internal sales process by ensuring that order processing, quotes and follow-up calls are completed
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills, knowledge and qualifications:
• Excellent understanding of RF communications and Broadcast products, with a background of ‘hands on’ technical experience
• Experience in selling Satcom and Broadcast products within the Broadcast, Military or Enterprise (Oil & Gas) market sectors.
• Good working knowledge of SAP Business 1 CRM system preferred, although training can be provided
• Good customer facing sales skills
• Good IT skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs
• Good technical support skills
• Strong organisation and planning skills, with the ability to juggle conflicting priorities
• Higher level education (apprenticeship, HNC/Degree) in electronic engineering
• Full driving licence
You will also need the following:
• Self-motivated and confident; a generator of new business
• Good telephone manner with a solid understanding of, and commitment to, the need for outstanding customer service and satisfaction
• Ability to work under pressure to adhere to tight deadlines
• Articulate and eloquent, with excellent oral and written communication skills and cultural awareness
• Acceptance and positive approach to working occasional long hours, including business travel and overnight stays
• Some parts of the role can be physical, so a good level of physical fitness is required
• Professional appearance, both personally and in work areas including company car
In return they are offering a good salary package, with 24 days holiday (4 of which are taken at Christmas) + Bank holidays, as well as a pension, healthcare and sick leave.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
14 February 2019
- Excellent Package
13 February 2019
Senior Biomedical Engineer
- Excellent Package
14 February 2019
Biomedical Field Service Engineer
- Excellent Package
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
20 March 2019
Field Service Engineer
- Northern London
- circa £35-40k + Benefits
circa £35-40k + Benefits
15 March 2019
Contract Senior Systems Engineer
- Loudwater, High Wycombe
- £350-450 per day
£350-450 per day
14 March 2019
Senior Through Life Engineer
- Loudwater, High Wycombe
- Competitive salary
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering