Vacancy - RadioComs Field Engineer 251jc
|Salary:||circa £35-40k + Benefits|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They are now seeking an additional Field Engineer for their operations at covering Heathrow Airport, you will be reporting to the Head of Engineering and your role will be to install, maintain and service PMR/DMR Radio communications equipment for their clients.
Therefore, your main responsibilities will include:
• Work as part of a team, providing Installation and Maintenance service to their Customer base.
• Re-active response to failures of RF systems, infrastructure and products in support of Contracts
• Provide Technical assurance to clients in the field both on radio and associated infrastructure.
• Cover Standby duties in support of customer maintenance contracts.
• Maintain Airside eligibility if applicable.
• Assist with the preparation of tender documents when needed.
• Carry out radio surveys
• Preparation of engineering reports as required.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
• Good standard of education. e
• Good literacy and numeric skills. e
• Good Computer Skills e
• CRB/Disclosure Scotland. e
• RF Product Manufacturer d
• HNC Training/Certification d
• CCNA d
• RF propagation experience. e
• PMR/DMR products e
• Experience in fault finding across a multitude of telecommunication platforms. e
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. e
• MPT 1327 Trunk radio e
• RF fault diagnostics e
• IBDAS experience d
• Cellular Experience d
• IP Networking Experience d
• Knowledge of Motorola/Hytera products d
• Process and procedure driven. e
• Excellent written and telephone communication skills. e
• Keen eye for attention to detail. e
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a successful team. e
• Good planning and organisational skills e
• Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines. e
• Ability to cope under pressure. e
• Ability to manage change. e
• Commitment to own personal development. d
• Creative and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinion. d
• Willingness to work unsociable hours at short notice if needed. d
• ‘’can do attitude’’ d
In this role you will be covering Heathrow airport and you will need to live within a short commute, i.e. 1 hrs travel from the location. You will also need to be able to gain an airside pass, and therefore you will need a fully checkable 5 year work history.
Your package will depend on your qualifications and experience, as well as company vehicle, phone and laptop. Other benefits include 21 days paid holiday rising to 25 accruing from length of service plus bank and public holidays, life assurance of 4 times basic salary, compulsory pension provision etc. Also, for this role you will be working a 4-day week, one week Mon – Thurs, the following week, Tue – Fri, with no regular weekend working. There are also additional extra payments for being on call out and standby, which will increase your salary.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
08 April 2019
Principal Systems Engineer
- Competitive Salary
27 September 2018
Field Service Engineers
- circa £31k + Benefits
circa £31k + Benefits
01 April 2019
Ventilation Package Manager
- Central London
- £38-43k + Benefits
£38-43k + Benefits
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
12 April 2019
Project Supervisor (PS)- Mechanical & Electrical
- Sinai, Egypt
- circa £65k + Benefits
circa £65k + Benefits
10 April 2019
- Gloucester or Greenford
- Competitive Salary
10 April 2019
Technical Compliance Manager
- RAF Northwood, Middlesex
- £38-40k + Benefits
£38-40k + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering