Electronics Technician (287jc)
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
The Company’s Command & Sonar Systems (CSS) has an existing opportunity for an Electronics Technician to contribute to the development of Acoustic Transducers for use on several key projects including Rapidly Deployable Long Endurance Sonobuoy System (RADLESS) and Sonobuoy Miniaturisation. These projects both have elements of passive and active transducers that use underwater acoustic signals to detect and pinpoint potential targets. The successful candidate will support Electronics and Transducer Design Engineers in design activities and reviews, assisting with component selection and management, impedance matching and prototyping activities throughout the development of globally recognized Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) equipment. Working as part of a forward-thinking multidisciplinary Engineering team, the candidate will work on various challenging projects whilst being supported to develop professionally.
• Support Electronics and Transducer Design Engineers throughout the design and manufacture of key naval equipment;
• Responsible for the bring-up and testing of prototypes and internally developed test fixtures;
• Responsible for the management of components within Parts Manufacturing Resource Planning (PMRP) and Electronic CAD (ECAD) applications;
• Production of Wiring schedules and diagrams, BOMs, Technical and Obsolescence reports, and Test documentation;
• To identify and highlight qualification, certification and safety issues;
• To support risk identification and mitigation activities;
• Coaching and mentoring of more junior Technicians;
• Provide support to other engineering functions during development and production (such as Mechanical, Production, Test, Systems and Software);
• Investigation of faults down to component level, utilising Lab equipment;
• Self-motivated, adaptable to change, proactive, diligent and with good inter-personal skills;
• HNC or equivalent in Electronics or a relevant subject, additionally IPC A-610 / J-STD-001 training is desirable;
• Awareness of the whole product lifecycle within a defence environment and of airborne system qualification;
• Knowledge of engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools;
• Awareness of the EMC standards and principles;
• Experience within an appropriate branch of electronics and within a Lab environment;
• Familiarity with one or more PMRP and ECAD tools;
• Eligible for SC clearance;
In return the are offering an excellent base salary and benefits package and the ability to join a dynamic and expanding company that is seeking to grow the company for the next decade.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering