Vacancy - Senior Through Life Engineer 288jc
|Location:||Loudwater, High Wycombe|
|Salary:||Loudwater, High Wycombe|
|Sectors:||Electronics, Naval, Senior Appointments|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
The Company’s Command & Sonar Systems (CSS) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer seeking a new challenge. You will be responsible for supporting CSS’s products in service, ensuring our customers are able to achieve mission success 24/7/365, anywhere in the world.
You will be providing advice and expertise on the resolution of technical issues to our customers and put in place procedures that ensure our equipment remains safe and suitable for continued service through its planned lifetime, working closely alongside both our design and field services teams.
No two days at Ultra are the same, and you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge base on products ranging from naval combat management systems and gun fire control solutions through to major sonars, data distribution systems and magnetic influence sensors.
• Developing and undertaking fault finding processes and conducting root cause analysis for our products.
• Working collaboratively with design teams to develop integration plans, then integrating equipment onto platforms and conducting Factory, Site and Harbour acceptance trials.
• Advising the customer, and the Company’s Field Support Engineers, on the resolution of technical issues and queries.
• Responding to fault reports raised by the customer and putting in place a plan of action to return customer equipment to service within contractually agreed timescales.
• Enacting programmes of inspection and preventative maintenance to ensure that equipment remains safe and suitable for continued service with the deployed customer base.
• Interfacing with the users and customers to gather feedback and implement product improvements.
• Producing technical reports on fault investigations, installation and integration activities and defect responses.
• Enacting change requests to documentation where raised by customers or the Company’s field support team.
• Acting as the Project Engineering Lead on In-Service projects where allocated.
• Positive and constructive attitude, able to act as an ambassador for CSS.
• Proactive approach to resolving issues and delivering results.
• Able to strike a balance between the business and the customer’s needs and identify win-wins to ensure mutually agreeable outcomes.
• Good presentation and communication skills for customer facing activities.
• Eligible for security clearance to a minimum of Security Check (SC) level with no caveats.
• This role is only open to UK sole nationals due to the security restrictions of the projects involved.
• Full driving license. This role is office-based with regular travel across CSS (Loudwater, Greenford, Weymouth) and customer sites (primarily Portsmouth, Plymouth and Faslane with occasional overseas travel) as required by project demands.
In return the are offering an excellent base salary and benefits package and the ability to join a dynamic and expanding company that is seeking to grow the company for the next decade.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
14 March 2019
Senior Software Engineer for Development and Operations (DevOps)
- Competitive salary
14 February 2019
Biomedical Field Service Engineer
- Excellent Package
10 January 2019
Junior Sales Engineer
- £25-30k + Commission + Bonus
£25-30k + Commission + Bonus
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
20 March 2019
Field Service Engineer
- Northern London
- circa £35-40k + Benefits
circa £35-40k + Benefits
15 March 2019
Contract Senior Systems Engineer
- Loudwater, High Wycombe
- £350-450 per day
£350-450 per day
14 March 2019
Senior Through Life Engineer
- Loudwater, High Wycombe
- Competitive salary
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering