Senior Systems Engineer (291jc)
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
As a Systems Engineer, to conduct systems engineering activities, either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project team, adhering to Engineering Function processes or project specific tailoring of those processes.
Systems Engineers will create and sustain successful, purposeful, systems that:
• Relate to the development and delivery of goods and services;
• Deliver real benefits to the company, suppliers and customers;
• Works with all technical domains, and all business functions;
As a System Design Authority provide design governance to ensure projects are technical compliant and that all engineering activities are conducted to an acceptable technical quality in accordance with company procedures.
• Managing allocated tasks within budget and to timescales as agreed with the project management team.
• Ensuring that the project engineering activities are planned, coordinated and implemented in a logical order. This may include producing or supporting development and maintenance of project schedules.
• To lead the presentation of the design/status at design reviews (internal and external).
• To own the project/subsystem technical risks and propose appropriate risk mitigations with a proactive response to emerging technical issues and lead the team to a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
Managing and conducting Systems Engineer tasks throughout the systems lifecycle consisting of:
• Generating, understanding and reviewing user requirements documentation.
• Writing the project System Requirements Specifications.
• Developing and documenting the System architecture.
• Developing and documenting the systems design through System Design Specifications and Interface Specifications and defining the system’s sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software.
• Developing and continually refining the system acceptance strategy, and verification method for each system requirement (incl. Acceptance Management Plan).
Ensuring the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable
• System integration testing and reporting.
• Ensuring project Configuration and Data Management and Process Compliance
Support project/bid planning through input to project schedule by estimating tasks and adhere to agreed estimates/timescales and providing regular and clear technical progress reports to project management.
Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject with experience throughout the Systems lifecycle, ideally within a defence environment. Experience of airborne system qualification would be advantageous;
• Be Self-motivated, Assertive, Proactive and Adaptable to change.
• Excellent team player who can get buy-in from all project stakeholders to deliver.
• Knowledge of the DOORS and design experience working with associated branches of engineering (Software, electrical/electronic, or mechanical)
• Experience of Systems Engineering in the defence industry or other relevant environment.
• Experience of planning and conducting all levels of integration and testing.
• Experience of conducting system commissioning, integration and acceptance tests
• Experience of the use of Systems Engineering tools.
• Experience of the whole Systems lifecycle.
• Experience of conducting engineering activities in accordance with structured business processes.
In return the are offering an excellent base salary and benefits package and the ability to join a dynamic and expanding company that is seeking to grow the company for the next decade.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering