Senior Software Engineer (294jc)
|Location:||Loudwater, High Wycombe|
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Engineering|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
• Do you have significant experience in Software Development?
• Do you have the ability to deliver on time and to budget?
• Are you a good communicator?
The ideal candidate will be part of an innovative team of developers to provide full stack software development expertise across a broad range of products within the domain of Naval Weapons Systems, Combat Management Systems, Data Distribution systems and Sonar systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• C++ programming.
• Web Based UI design
• Embedded C\C++
• Hardware Software Interfacing
• Requirement analysis and derivation of system requirements down to software sub-system.
• Architectural design, selection and implementation of real time, distributed designs and design patterns.
• Formal software design methodology (UML, OO…).
• Debugging environments
• Use of Unit Test frameworks and implementation of (automated) unit testing.
• Production of formal test procedures and conduct of associated testing activities.
• Production of formal software documentation throughout the whole lifecycle (planning, design, test, transition, manuals…).
• Configuration and setup of production tool chains with continuous integration work flow.
• Agile development methodology and lifecycle.
• Verbal and written communication of complex items at a level suitable to be understood by internal and external stakeholders/customers/suppliers.
• Write technical reports or plans and present information to line manager, project management team and peers.
• Handle information of a sensitive, confidential or secret nature.
Knowledge and Experience
• Chartered Engineer
• Presentable to customers
• Professional Registration
• Configuration Control
• Data Distribution Service
• Real Time Embedded
• Virtualisation Platforms
• Working in the defence sector
• Good organisation skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstration of energy and enthusiasm in approach to tasks
In return the are offering an excellent base salary and benefits package and the ability to join a dynamic and expanding company that is seeking to grow the company for the next decade.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
20 March 2019
Field Service Engineer
- Northern London
- circa £35-40k + Benefits
circa £35-40k + Benefits
15 March 2019
Contract Senior Systems Engineer
- Loudwater, High Wycombe
- £350-450 per day
£350-450 per day
14 March 2019
Senior Through Life Engineer
- Loudwater, High Wycombe
- Competitive salary
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering