Chief Engineer vacancy in Greenford (311jc)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
We provide encryption, network protection, automated payments, tactical and commercial communications and telemetry systems, covert and mobile surveillance systems and situational awareness technology to defence, public sector and commercial customers worldwide. The Company prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain.
Management and leadership of the Development & Delivery aspects of the Information Assurance Business Unit’s Engineering function.
Scope / dimensions:
Provides line management, resource management and technical leadership of a multidisciplinary engineering team of circa 90 engineers, within the Information Assurance Business Unit, delivering multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes ranging from tens of £k to several £m
• Provision of line management, resource management, and technical leadership for large group of multi-disciplinary engineers to ensure that all employees are actively developed, and suitably skilled resources are applied to all development programmes
• Work with Programme Management to ensure that engineering deliverables are made on time, to budget and are of suitable functionality and quality.
• Support to continuous improvement in engineering capability in terms of people, practices, tools and technology.
• Support to managing the engineering processes across all CIS businesses and ensures they are fit for purpose, meet the required legislative standards, and pass both internal and external audits.
• Provides strategic direction to the department: defines and delivers progressive technical roadmap that supports business needs; manages PV budget and developments to cost and schedule; works to ensure that all development activities (funded and PV) support the technical roadmap as far as possible.
• Supports bids and proposals with technical resource - provides clear and compelling technical proposals and accurate estimates of cost for all engineering activities.
• Support to ensuring all IA development is compliant with relevant internal and external processes and legislation, supports associated audits in this regard, minimising and closing non-conformances.
• Support to managing the engineering facilities (i.e. secure development and test labs) such that they are safe and adequate to support development needs
• Provides the senior technical relationship with customers, suppliers and other external bodies; uses this to constructively further the company’s strategic and programmatic aims.
• Constructively represents the engineering function both within the business unit and in wider CIS activities as necessary (e.g. at Business Reviews, Cost and Pricing meetings, Bid go/no-go decisions, Contract Acceptance meetings etc.) Provides clear, accurate and helpful input to inform decisions taken.
• Manages security of information as defined in the Security Manual.
Building Effective Teams
• Blends diverse individuals into teams that can deliver, motivates and creates high morale and strong sense of belonging in team; shares successes and fosters open, honest dialogue. Delegates, allowing others to take responsibility; defines success in terms of team.
• Bright, intelligent and can apply intellect to diverse problems with agility; deals easily with complexity; noted by others to be sharp; clearly capable.
Integrity and Trust
• Widely trusted; seen as direct and truthful; presents truth of situation in appropriate and helpful manner and not for personal gain; maintains shared confidences and admits mistakes.
Comfort around Higher Management
• Comfortable in dealing with senior managers and can present to them without tension or nervousness; understands senior managers’ needs and rationales; uses relevant language in discussion and can craft approaches likely to be seen as positive.
• Marshals resources (people, materials, funding and support) quickly and effectively; orchestrates multiple activities at once to accomplish an outcome effectively and efficiently.
Timely Decision Making
• Makes decisions in timely manner and with incomplete information where necessary; able to make a quick decision under pressure.
• Negotiates skilfully in tough situations both internally and externally; settles differences with minimal disruption; can win concessions where needed without damaging relationships; has ability to be both direct and forceful, but always maintains diplomacy; quickly gains trust of other parties in negotiation; good sense of timing.
• Dedicated to meeting customer expectations and requirements (both internal and external); gets first-hand customer information and uses it to improve products/services. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers; gains their trust and respect.
Drive for Results
• Reliable in exceeding goals; constantly a top performer; focus on bigger picture and bottom-line; consistently pushes self and others for results.
• Sees ahead clearly to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; had broad knowledge and good perspective; can articulate and convey compelling vision; creates competitive strategies and plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrable and significant experience in line management and resource management of multi-disciplinary teams.
• Excellent people management and development skills.
• Technical depth and credibility in the areas of information assurance, cybersecurity, Government communications security systems and products.
• Track-record of delivering large, complex development programmes to budget and schedule
• Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject desirable, or have equivalent experience.
• Willing and able to obtain, and maintain, DV security clearance.
In return the are offering an excellent base salary and benefits package and the ability to join a dynamic and expanding company that is seeking to grow the company for the next decade.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering