Firmware Engineer (324jc)
|Location:||Gloucester or Greenford|
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Engineering|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
The Company develops secure communications devices and cryptographic equipment protecting such things as the worldwide internet, credit card transactions, military platforms and personnel. Their Hardware Security Module is used to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other commercial organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. The Company has also developed and continue to develop next generation cryptographic products for the UK MoD and export markets involving leading edge hardware, firmware and software. The Company prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain.
FPGA design and implementation of complex functions and algorithms for use in secure communication products within the Company Communications and Integrated Systems business
Scope / dimensions:
As a Firmware Engineer you will join a multi-disciplinary team responsible for technical aspects of large and complex design tasks. The team size will range from small teams of 2-3 Firmware Engineers to teams of up to 10.
• Carry out firmware design and development in VHDL, targeting the FPGA elements of complex real-time embedded systems.
• Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
• Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
• Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
• Produce high quality design, development and implementation documentation including specifications, reports and proposals to support the objectives of the business.
• Follow development processes, while being able to appropriately question and suggest change in support of continuous improvement.
• Perform duties according to the security manual to ensure that information is handled in line with government guidelines
• Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
• Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers.
Learning on the fly
• Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
• Attentive to others; hears people out and accurately restates opinions and views of others even if disagrees.
Written & Verbal Communications
• Is able to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
• Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedules; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
• Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
• Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Fully Proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
• Applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions.
• Experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts.
• Proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
• Proficient in the use of industry standard communications protocols associated with communication interfaces (UARTs, USARTs, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, UDP).
• Experience in Digital Electronics and Digital Logic Design.
• Experience in developing military equipment.
• Experience in developing UK High Grade Cryptographic products.
• Experience using DOORS.
• Experience designing to meet DO-254.
• Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent industrial experience.
In return the are offering an excellent base salary and benefits package and the ability to join a dynamic and expanding company that is seeking to grow the company for the next decade.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
21 June 2019
Field Collections Officers
- Multiple Locations (see below)
- £25-35k OTE self-employed basis.
£25-35k OTE self-employed basis.
19 June 2019
Digital Programme Manager
- City of London
- circa £45k
18 June 2019
Heavy/Tracked Vehicle Mechanic/Foreman
- Southend on Sea, Essex
- Up to £35k + Benefits
Up to £35k + Benefits
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering