CHP Project Manager (342jc)
|Sectors:||Engineering, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
This is an ideal opportunity to join a thriving generator, UPS systems, switchgear and CHP (Combined Heat and Power) business, in an industry with a substantial future. You will likely be an energetic person with experience, who is looking to move up into project management. A mature outlook is needed with the ability to work under pressure and within tight timeframes. A practical and mechanical background will be essential, along with a willingness to learn, as there will be a cross section of projects to manage. Full training and backup support will be given to make a successful post. You will be ideally be located near our head office in Andover, Hampshire but other locations will be considered.
Your role would be within the Projects department, reporting to the Operations Director, but also working alongside the sales department and the technical department.
Therefore, the main purpose of the role:
You will need organisational and IT skills to take responsibility for a project from receipt of order stage, through delivery, installation and finally commissioning. This is mainly an office based management role (can also be field based at times) where you will be expected to:-
• Attend hand-over meeting with the sales department to take ownership of the project
• Liaise with our supply chain for ordering components and coordinating sub-contractors
• Organise and attend client site technical meetings
• Coordinate delivery and installation logistics
• Oversee commissioning and make sure the project is complete
They are looking for the following:
• Positive mental attitude
• Having the right to live and work in the UK
• Self-motivated, and trustworthy to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good verbal and written presentation skills
• Happy with high mileage driving, and working away from home
• High standards of cleanliness and personal presentation. Able to conduct yourself in director level meetings in a boardroom environment.
• Ability to think on your feet, and function effectively in a fast-moving business.
• Comfortable working in a hard driving well motivated team, of very focused people, with robust working relationships.
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as an engineer in the industry, or similar role.
• Previous relevant experience with gas engines.
• Strong practical knowledge of LTHW hot water systems, including practical experience of pumps, inverter drives, flow rates, delta T, boiler operations, and associated BMS controls
• Practical knowledge of high-level software-based control systems such as Comap / Deep Sea etc.
• IT skills, fluent with Outlook, Excel, and Word. Practical experience of using laptop based bespoke engine system analysis and control programmes such as Comap PC Suite / DSE Configuration Suite etc.
• Gas Safe qualification
• IT/Broadband Network knowledge
• Good Electrical and Mechanical controls knowledge
• Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems.
• CAD Qualification or practical skill
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification
• IEE 18th Edition Qualified
• CSCS card
• Experience with building services plant (both electrical and mechanical)
They are offering an attractive salary, commensurate with experience & qualifications. Participation in company-wide performance linked unlimited bonus scheme. Fully flexible working hours are required, especially given the travelling needed, Company Vehicle and Phone and with 25 days annual leave, increasing through company loyalty programme
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering