General Manager (TGM-0119)
|Location:||Haywards Heath, West Sussex|
|Salary:||£50,000 - £70,000|
|Sectors:||General, IT/Telecoms, Management, Project Management, Senior Appointments, Finance|
|Placed by:||Temple Group Management Ltd|
This is a Group (TGM) role, supporting a range of professional services across group principally planning, environment, sustainability, ecology, habitat creation, The group consists of three companies – Temple (www.templegroup.co.uk), Ecology Consultancy (www.ecologyconsultancy.co.uk) and Arbeco (www.arbeco.co.uk). The Group recently acquired Arbeco and is looking to expand and strengthen shared services across the group to drive cost savings and greater efficiencies.
The group of companies is an SME with circa 200 staff with over 20 years trading track record and operates an established Associate model with access to further specialists (> 100 specialists/experts).
About the Role
This is a new role within the organisation. The successful candidate will work closely with the Group CEO and operational executive directors and the TGM Board and will lead the “Shared Services” team operating across the group. The new role will play a key part in influencing and shaping the development of the Shared Services concept and team and driving cost savings and efficiencies.
The successful candidate will have proven leadership ability and communication skills at executive and senior levels as well as a proven track record of delivering projects to time and budget. He/she must have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of IT, Management Information Systems (MIS) and procurement more broadly. Financial and contract literacy and robust commercial judgement will be essential. A good understanding of risk management and audit, asset and facilities management, insurance and procurement will be a distinct advantage.
• To provide strategic leadership and direction to the Shared Services team.
• To ensure the translation of strategy and corporate objectives into a robust operational model as relevant to shared services for the group including any new governance structures, processes and policy.
• To provide input to Business planning process including business plans (prepared yearly) and delivering the 2025 Strategy.
• To develop and manage KPIs for the Shared Services team to respond to the needs and requirements of the businesses.
• To attend Board meetings as required and provide timely and accurate advice and reports on the operational performance against contractual obligations and commercial/business priorities.
• To lead IT strategy, process and systems taking responsibility for defining, directing and delivering an effective and efficient approach that serves all areas of the organisation. Risk, security and compliance will be key considerations to the working model.
• To lead on our Management Information System (MIS) to develop and improve the current system and its efficient use across the business (our current system is “Workspace” operated through Deltek).
• To help identify the technological and digital roadmap/investments and improvements for the organisation, the Integration of systems in line with priorities.
• To maintain the Group consolidated risks and opportunities register and ensure proactive measures/actions as relevant to Shared Services.
• To manage financial budgets as relevant.
• To take overall responsibility for all assets and facilities, across all sites, routine maintenance programmes, security and health and safety compliance.
• To help oversee and manage any accommodation moves for any part of the business to include working with agencies to provide value for money.
• To instigate a procurement programme across group to provide significant cost savings and efficiencies through the appointment and ongoing review of preferred suppliers (who meet our ethical standards) and work closely with our legal representative to secure advantageous commercial and contractual terms for relevant suppliers.
• To work closely with Group Financial Controller and Head of HR as an integral part of the Shared Services group to ensure systems and processes are fit for purpose and represent good practice.
• To enhance the company image by collaborating with external and internal clients and enforcing ethical business practices.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Educated to at least degree level (an MBA or similar would be an advantage).
• Significant experience in purchasing and supply.
• An established leader in Shared Services or equivalent and a strong track record of driving cost savings and efficiencies.
• A proven ability to multi-task, be responsive and deliver to tight deadlines.
• Strong experience of working at executive/senior management level (experience of a large SME would be an advantage).
• Wide project and programme delivery experience.
• Proficiency in IT and MIS.
• Experienced in shaping shared services for a group of companies.
• A good track record of successful change execution.
What type of skills/behaviours are we looking for?
• Be comfortable in challenging the status quo in considering ways to improve strategic business planning alongside CEO and TGM executive team.
• Be flexible and agile and respond promptly to priorities agreed with the TGM Board.
• Operate with discretion and maintain confidences. Be dependable and professional
• Be intellectually curious, and strong problem-solving skills.
• Have strong change and people leadership skills.
• Be strongly ethical and committed to our core values.
• A good appreciation of organisational culture and delivering a one business mindset.
• Have strong oral and written communication skills.
• Possess an ability to engage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams.
• Possess an ability to communicate the vision, mission, values, objectives and plans to achieve an effective and efficient shared services function.
• A collaborative style.
• Provide Independent and incisive judgement.
• Be resourceful, pragmatic and self-confident.
If you have the breadth of knowledge and experience to match this fantastic opportunity then please apply.
Closing date 24th June (early applications are welcome)
The role will be office based in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, but with some travel to other locations, particularly the principal offices in London.
No agencies please.
TGM is an equal opportunities employer.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
21 June 2019
Field Collections Officers
- Multiple Locations (see below)
- £25-35k OTE self-employed basis.
£25-35k OTE self-employed basis.
19 June 2019
Digital Programme Manager
- City of London
- circa £45k
18 June 2019
Heavy/Tracked Vehicle Mechanic/Foreman
- Southend on Sea, Essex
- Up to £35k + Benefits
Up to £35k + Benefits
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering