Vacancy - Vehicle Technician and MOT Tester 358jc
|Location:||High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||up to £34k subject to experience and qualifications.|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Directors and your role will be to carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs to vehicles in accordance with company standards, procedures and safe working practices. In addition, oversee MOT centre performance in accordance with company standards and procedures and safe working practices
Therefore, your key responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with opening and closing procedures
• Preparing the workshop for the daily tasks
• Ensuring health and safety standards are maintained and that uniform is worn at all times. Only use tools and equipment you are authorised to use
• All jobs completed to the standard set by management and vehicles readied for customer collection including road test (with appropriate interior protection used)
• All MOTs undertaken to be carried out to the standard specified by DVSA
• All paperwork relating to jobs completed thoroughly such as, but not limited to, job cards
• Clear daily communication with all workshop staff and reception
• Provide cover in reception when necessary for answering phones and assisting customers with bookings/ payments/ collections/ loan cars etc.
• Keep Workshop/ forecourt/ MOT centre/ reception/ kitchen in a good appearance
• Report any health and safety issues immediately to directors.
• Notify reception if stock levels are low
• Communicating with customers regarding progress, work required, obtaining authorisation and resolving customer requests, issues, problems or concerns (including phone and emails)
• Ensuring loan cars are an acceptable standard
• Administration in association with loan cars
Review and administration:
• Regular progress meetings with management and weekly huddles with all staff
• Yearly review meeting with management
• Unused parts are returned immediately to suppliers and paperwork completed
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
• Good timekeeping
• Neat administration
• Good organisation
• Able communicator with customers and internally
• Takes responsibility
• Exemplary housekeeping
• Ability to work individually or as part of a team
• Ability to ask for help when required
• Focused on tasks
• Willingness and shows initiative
As well as the following:
• Honesty, integrity and respect
• Welcoming, helpful and proactively offering advice to our customers
• Problem solving / solution finding
• Always learning
• Strong work ethic
• Passionate, dedicated and presentable
• Excellent team player
The ideal candidate will be a time served VM who is seeking to progress his or her career in this sector, if you are not a qualified MOT inspector, for the right individual, the garage is willing to invest and get the qualifications for you.
In return they are offering a good starting package, however, to get the top end of the banding you will need to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge and experience as well as being a qualified MOT inspector already.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
10 April 2019
Opto-Mechanical Engineers x 2
- St. Albans
24 April 2019
Merlin Avionics Supervisor
- Boscombe Down, Wiltshire
- up to £33k + Benefits
up to £33k + Benefits
23 November 2018
Electronics and Software Engineer
- £35-50k + Benefits
£35-50k + Benefits
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
16 September 2019
HGV Driver / Rigger
- London (Various)
13 September 2019
Head of Supply Chain
- High Wycombe
- £ Highly Competitive
£ Highly Competitive
13 September 2019
Fire and Flood Cleaning Technician
- £19-24k DOE
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering