Heavy/Tracked Vehicle Mechanic/Foreman vacancy in Southend on Sea, Essex (362jc)
|Location:||Southend on Sea, Essex|
|Salary:||Up to £35k + Benefits|
|Sectors:||Automotive, Engineering, Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be supporting the activities on a MOD site; you will perform the duties as a working foreman for a vehicle workshop at Shoeburyness ensuring the safe and efficient running of the services the workshop provides the site as a whole. You will report to the mechanical engineering workshop team leader, the role will require the expertise to maintain and repair our range vehicles including tracked vehicles e.g. 432 armoured personnel carrier, M110, Lance Carriers, and agricultural plant. Also required will be the repair, routine and preventative maintenance activities to ensure that the trucks and ancillary equipment are maintained to the Department of Transport standards. The role would also involve leading the safe delivery of the activities from the vehicle workshop and team; collaborating with the foremen of the other workshops and the team leader of the Mechanical Workshops to ensure the team’s resources are shared for the enabling of productive output. The role will also include being the Point of Contact for Health and Safety, managing it locally for the workshop. This role could also require occasional working from alternative sites.
Key Accountabilities will include:
• Health and Safety for the Workshop and staff
• Safe and efficient output of from the workshop and staff.
• Point of Contact for the workshop for the Team Leader of the Mechanical Workshops
• Liaising with contractors and suppliers
• Diagnostics, repair, servicing and maintenance of vehicles including heavy duty diesel vehicles, tracked vehicles and plant
• To support team members with other tasks when necessary
• To help create and maintain a safe working environment ensuring a high standard of housekeeping are maintained
• Complete and/or update risk assessments associated with the activities within the role
• Keep up-to-date electronic records for asset management and maintenance schedules
• To support team members with other tasks when necessary
• To contribute in continuous improvement activities
• To carry out any other task where reasonable and relevant either at the Shoeburyness site or other UK sites
Therefore, you will need the following key knowledge:
• Experienced in the diagnostics and repair of tracked vehicles
• Experienced in the repair of heavy duty diesel vehicles
• Experienced in vehicle hydraulic systems.
• Experienced in auto-electrics.
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective and productive working relationships.
• Prepared to work flexible hours to meet project requirements
• Sustain minimum equipment downtime.
• Repair and maintenance of older specialised vehicles, including sourcing spares
• Periodically working outdoors in challenging conditions for fitting and maintenance activities
• Apprenticeship or equivalent accredited training in vehicle maintenance
• Experience of tracked vehicle maintenance.
• Clean full driving licence
• Computer literacy
• Supervisory experience
• Category H Licence
• Class 1 or 2 LGV Drivers licence
• IOSH Managing Safely
The ideal candidate would probably come from a REME background, probably SNCO level and who is able to commit to a 2-year contract.
In return my client offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
28 August 2019
RF Systems and Design Engineer
- £ Competitive
26 February 2020
Service Support Engineer
15 May 2020
Field Operations Manager/UAV Flight Tester
- Excellent Package
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
01 July 2020
Technical Leader Digital RF
24 June 2020
- Hackney, London
- up to £30k
up to £30k
22 June 2020
Parkguard Patrol Officer
- North London, North East London, West London and Hertfordshire
- £28,500 to £33,000
£28,500 to £33,000
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering