Project Supervisor (PS)- Mechanical & Electrical (375jc)
|Salary:||circa £65k + Benefits|
|Sectors:||Construction, Consultancy, Electronics, Engineering, Health & Safety, Management, Overseas, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be responsible for the development and delivery of capital works projects:
• Within the specified budgetary constraints and timescales; and
• To the requisite standard of quality, aesthetics, functionality and technical compliance.
The PS is a member of the Engineering Projects Team, providing assistance to their MFO colleagues as required and, when necessary, at all MFO sites in the Sinai.
Therefore, your responsibilities will include:
• Collate and define end-user requirements, investigate project parameters and identify potential solutions;
• Perform site surveys, estimate labour, materials, plant and equipment to support the project;
• Make design recommendations for projects to the FEO and Senior Project Manager, detailing engineering solutions for infrastructure and basic construction projects to specified standards;
• Draft statements of work and minor project plans for construction, prepare estimates for construction using MFO Program and Project Management Systems.
• Supervise a multidisciplinary project installation team consisting of for example: - HVAC, Carpentry, Mason, Electrical, Plumbing, Welding and Painting trades and General Laborers;
• Ensure the work is performed in accordance with the specified standards and MFO’s operating procedures; and
• Work with Force Supply staff to procure any materials required for projects well in advance of the start date and, once the project has started, monitor the use of such material.
Aa well as regarding external contractors and consultants, the PS shall:
• Assess and brief the Facilities Engineering Officer (FEO) and the SPM on the viability and accuracy of designs and proposals for a project;
• Monitor the performance of contractors employed on construction projects with regard to time, cost, quality of work, and conformity to the statement of work. Report on project progress and material changes to the project scope as required by the PPM system;
• Prepare and maintain an MFO Gantt chart for each delegated project to show the realistic completion date and problems that arose during the construction project;
• Working with the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative, provide technical direction to the contractors where necessary.
• Coordinate the activities of several contractors and/or sub-contractors working in proximity;
• Oversee test and commissioning of new facilities;
• Coordinate and supervise consultants, as directed by the FEO/SPM;
• Deliver projects and assess performance or plans such as:
1. Quality assurance, quality control planning;
2. Cost control and time management against established criteria
3. Management of health and safety of works;
4. Sustainability and Ecological requirements;
5. Training plans and development for locally employed staff, and
• Direct supervisor for 2 expat and local staff.
• Perform other duties as required.
To be the eligible for this role, you will need the following qualifications and experience:
• University or technical college graduate or Military Clerk of Works training, with major coursework in Engineering or closely related field and be able to demonstrate a high level of numeracy. Professional or post graduate studies and courses are desirable.
• A minimum of five years of professional experience in engineering, construction project management or supervisory experience.
• Experience working within a multinational environment.
• A strong working knowledge in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
With desirable characteristics:
• A robust understanding of UK / US, or comparable, regulations such as Corps of Engineers Construction Regulations, UK electrical and building regulations and codes of practice or the equivalent.
• Knowledge of SAP and AutoCAD would be advantageous.
• Prior Military and Middle East experience or the equivalent.
• Health and safety accreditation or training.
Must be fluent in English. Knowledge of Arabic / Spanish is a plus.
In return they are offering a good tax-free salary package of $86,740 which is about £65k depending on exchange rate, as well as an outstanding benefit package, pension plan, as well as ongoing professional development program. You will also be entitled to 28 ½ days leave per year, with free flights, accommodation, food, insurance as well as a host of other extras.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
16 September 2019
HGV Driver / Rigger
- London (Various)
13 September 2019
Head of Supply Chain
- High Wycombe
- £ Highly Competitive
£ Highly Competitive
13 September 2019
Fire and Flood Cleaning Technician
- £19-24k DOE
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering