Field Service Technician (376jc)
|Salary:||circa £24k to start + Allowances and training|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
The Fuel Division is looking for a Technician to join their team and take on the responsibility for the tasks associated with the role, the role can be physically demanding, and the successful applicants will act as part of a team, based out of their Birmingham Headquarters.
This division provides a complete range of products and services to detect and eradicate harmful diesel fuel contamination. The range includes products for bulk fuel storage tanks, day tanks, vehicles and gensets.
Due to the level of security clearance required, this position is open to UK nationals only.
You will be reporting to the Technical Support Manager and you will be attending client sites, using the latest testing and diagnostic techniques, identify the precise causes of fuel contamination and recommend a fuel management programme suitable for any application.
Therefore, your Key Responsibilities will include:
• Fuel tank cleaning using the latest one-man entry tank cleaning equipment.
• Carrying out fuel sampling and testing
• Complete site visit reports
• On site customer service
• Work to deadlines and timescales
• Carry out Risk Assessments
• Work to Method Statements and SOP’s, identifying continuous improvement opportunities
• Deliver high standard quality of work
• Carrying out daily equipment inspection and vehicle stock checks.
• Prepared to travel extensively and be away from home as needed.
• Maintaining a safe working environment for you, your team members, and the public.
• Ensure personal compliance with all Company Health and Safety requirements
• Ensure personal compliance and promotion of the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies
• Ensure personal compliance with the Company’s Bribery policy
• Proactively raise NCR’s where appropriate
• Proactively investigate and close allocated NCR’s
• Proactively seek industry knowledge and professional development opportunities
• Uphold the Company values
• Undertake other duties as requested by a senior member of staff
It is a condition of this role that you make yourself available for and take full advantage of any training and development identified as either specific and directly related to the role or is developmental in any area.
Experience and Competencies
• Good understanding of health & safety at work
• SPA Forecourt would be an advantage
• A full clean driving licence
• Flexible and adaptable
• Willing to travel nationwide and stay away from home on a regular basis
• Self-starter and self-motivated
• Able to use initiative
• Professional, customer facing presentation
• Collaborative team player
• Excellent communication skills with an open and honest approach
• Enthusiastic and positive outlook
• Decisive / Problem Solver
The ideal candidate would be someone who has recently left the military and who is looking for their first step into a civilian role. There are no real qualifications for this post, but some engineering experience would be beneficial and a willingness to learn and to progress within this sector is key, as well as having an excellent sense of humour.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary, starting at £24k and rising to £25k after 3 months’ probation, , and additional allowances which include overnight allowance and weekend working allowances, on top of this a Profit Share scheme, company vehicle, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, salary insurance scheme, Death in Service and ability to purchase extra holidays as well.
Please note that this role with involve travelling across the length and breadth of the UK, from Lands’ End to John O’Groats
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
22 July 2019
Railway CCTV Security
- Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- £13.00 p/h
22 July 2019
Railway Gate House Security
- Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire
- £9.65 to £10.55 /hour
£9.65 to £10.55 /hour
22 July 2019
Railway Security Guard
- Twyford, Berkshire
- £10.50 to £11.00 /hour
£10.50 to £11.00 /hour
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering