Vacancy - Capability Manager - Naval Sonar 389jc
|Sectors:||Naval, Project Management, Senior Appointments|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They are currently seeking to recruit audacious and highly capable people to work on cutting edge technologies and inspire their up and coming team members to deliver best in class results.
At the Company you will:
• be part of an agile organisation, with the ability to make a real difference
• have the opportunity to be involved in multiple domains and projects, throughout the engineering lifecycle
• work in a dynamic environment, with the ability to make significant personal impact
• have exposure to all functional and business areas, with opportunities to broaden your knowledge
• be in an environment where talent is recognised and promoted, independent of experience
• have the opportunity to work on exciting new product developments
• work for the dominant provider of UK surface ship Anti-Submarine Warfare solutions, with many related export opportunities
They operate in the following areas:
• Warfare: this includes working on game changing naval Integrated Sonar System (ISS), hull mounted anti-submarine warfare sonar system, towed array sonar systems, surface ship and submarine torpedo defence and countermeasures, and distributed anti-submarine warfare systems (sonobuoys), including Multi-Static Active (MSA) technologies.
• this includes new build and modernisation solutions for naval combat systems, combat management systems, electro optical surveillance and tracking, weapon fire control and servo control and signature measurement solutions for both surface and sub-surface platforms.
• this includes vision systems and turret servo control and the capability to implement improvements and upgrades across all electronic systems for armoured fighting vehicles.
• this includes deployable Air Command and Control and data link systems as well as complex surveillance and security solutions for maritime surface, underwater and land borders.
• solutions are also part of their offering, including contractor logistics support, waterfront support, spares and inventory management, technology refresh of own- and third-party systems.
Purpose of Role
This is an exciting opportunity to play a leadership role in the development of the next generation of Naval Sonars. Our Client is a world leader in Variable Depth and Hull Mount Sonars (VDS/ HMS) technology, with systems in-service with the Royal Navy and selected for several navies worldwide. As a Naval Sonar Capability Manager, you will be responsible for developing the Naval Sonar market through customer and partner engagement; providing the thought-leadership required to develop the operational concepts; identifying and securing internal/external R&D programmes to develop these systems; acting as System Design Authority (SDA) to provide the technical vision and assurance required to successfully develop these systems; and working with other Capability Managers / domain experts to develop a coherent and compelling product portfolio.
The global proliferation of sophisticated submarine threats and the Company’s pedigree and ambition in this domain make this an extremely exciting time to join their team.
The Capability Manager (Naval Sonar) is responsible for:
• Acting as a Naval Sonar Domain Expert, including developing the product strategy and roadmaps.
• Developing the operational concepts for both single ship and force level ASW.
• Working with the Marketing Team to engage with Customers and Partners to develop the Naval Sonar market
• Provide technical and thought leadership in bids to secure R&D programmes.
• Keeping appraised of technical developments and future technology to ensure that the product portfolio evolves through both progressive and disruptive innovation.
• Identifying competitive / technical threats to the strategy and mitigating these where possible.
• Performing System Design Authority (SDA) role on various Naval Sonar programmes including providing technical governance of engineering activities.
• Design sign-off through key stages of the lifecycle including design reviews.
• Identification and mitigation of Technical Risk.
• Product Certification and Compliance approval (all technical aspects, including contractual & legislative).
• Degree in a relevant subject (Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent qualification / experience.
• Significant experience across all areas of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, with SDA experience desirable.
• Experience in the operation or development of naval sonars is desirable.
• Appreciation of software, electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
• Able to travel to UK and worldwide destinations when required.
The Company offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme based on company profit/cash targets, 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy additional 5 days, a flexible Company benefits scheme you can tailor to suit your needs, competitive Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, flexible start/finish times, a confidential Employee Support Helpline, free car parking
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
25 September 2019
Senior Field Service Engineer
- £ Competitive
23 August 2019
- Leicestershire or Milton Keynes
- Salary negotiable, depending on experience
Salary negotiable, depending on experience
01 October 2019
Principal Hardware Engineer
- £ Highly Competitive
£ Highly Competitive
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
17 January 2020
Motor Vehicle Technician
- Camberwell, London
- £35,400 + OT +Benefits
£35,400 + OT +Benefits
17 January 2020
Digital RF System Engineer
- Herford and Watford
17 January 2020
Trainee Geo-technical Driller
- Gloucester based covering the whole of the UK
- up to £24,000 to start – up to £35,000 once qualified
up to £24,000 to start – up to £35,000 once qualified
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering