Vacancy - Programme Manager 406jc
|Salary:||£ Competitive Daily Rate|
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They provide encryption, network protection, automated payments, tactical and commercial communications and telemetry systems, covert and mobile surveillance systems and situational awareness technology to defence, public sector and commercial customers worldwide. The Company prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain.
Project management of delivery programmes, bids and proposals and investment projects.
Scope / dimensions:
Manage multiple Projects ranging in size up to ~£20m and line management of a small team.
Responsible for / Key responsibilities
• Responsible for the following with respect to all Communications Systems projects, programmes PV and proposals:
• Manage projects to meet project milestones, schedule and budget requirements.
• Manage subcontractors to deliver requirements on time and to budget
• Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule & costs against an overall WBS & budget.
• Achieving acceptance of all elements of project to schedule and cost.
• Meeting project sales and cash budgets and forecasting accurately.
• Identifying programme resource, skill and training requirements for the Resource Plan.
• Use Programme Performance Metrics (PPMs) to effectively manage all programmes.
• Establish and maintain project metrics to measure and report progress.
• Preparing the internal Business Review Pack as the basis for reporting to senior management.
• In conjunction with the System design Authorities hold progress reviews (as required).
• Effective communication with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
• Ultimate responsibility for risk management across all projects within the programme.
• Identify and monitor cost saving and risk reduction initiatives.
• Management of project issues, risks & opportunities, data and action logs, including item closure.
• Plan and conduct effective internal, customer and sub-contractor progress reviews.
• Producing and implementing internal and subcontractor Statements of Work.
• Review subcontract programmes, capability, resource, skills, documentation and deliverables.
• Review all internal and subcontractor project management documentation.
• Preparing customer & internal progress reports in an agreed format.
• Establishing and implementing Project Management Plans (including all subordinate plans).
• Ensure that projects comply with the relevant security requirements.
• Ensure that projects comply with the Company directives.
• Manage security of information as defined in the Security Manual.
• Dedicated to meeting customer expectations and requirements (both internal and external); gets first-hand customer information and uses it to improve products/services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Integrity & Trust
• Widely trusted; seen as direct and truthful; presents the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Drive for Results
• Reliable in exceeding goals; constantly a top performer; focus on bigger picture and bottom-line; consistently pushes self and others for results.
• Accurately scopes tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals and breaks down work into manageable assignments dependent on staff ability; develops schedules; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals, evaluates results.
Comfort around Higher Management.
• Can deal comfortable with more senior managers without undue tension and nervousness; understands how senior managers think and work; can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs; can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
Building Effective Teams
• Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
• Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
• Can negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimal noise can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
• Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future orientated; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
• Can marshal resources (people, funding, material & support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resource effectively and efficiently arranges information and files in a useful manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Extensive experience of managing multiple, concurrent, multi-disciplinary projects in the defence electronics sector.
• Ability to obtain and maintain SC clearance.
• Degree in relevant discipline (Engineering, Science or Business Management) or equivalent experience.
• Project management qualifications preferred, such as APMP or Prince 2
• SC clearance required, DV clearance preferred.
• Extensive experience of managing multiple, concurrent, multi-discipline projects in the defence electronics sector.
In return the are offering an excellent daily rate and the ability to join a dynamic and expanding company that is seeking to grow the company for the next decade.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
11 December 2019
- Dodworth South Yorkshire
11 December 2019
- Dodworth South Yorkshire
10 December 2019
- South East and West Midlands
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering