Senior Estimator vacancy in High Wycombe (407jc)
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They are currently seeking to recruit audacious and highly capable people to work on cutting edge technologies and inspire their up and coming team members to deliver best in class results.
At the Company you will:
• be part of an agile organisation, with the ability to make a real difference
• have the opportunity to be involved in multiple domains and projects, throughout the engineering lifecycle
• work in a dynamic environment, with the ability to make significant personal impact
• have exposure to all functional and business areas, with opportunities to broaden your knowledge
• be in an environment where talent is recognised and promoted, independent of experience
• have the opportunity to work on exciting new product developments
• work for the dominant provider of UK surface ship Anti-Submarine Warfare solutions, with many related export opportunities
The Senior Estimator will work as part of the Commercial Department reporting to the Commercial Director providing support to all the business units within the Command and Sonar Systems business. Working closely with the Projects, Sales, and Marketing, Procurement and Engineering teams. The Senior Estimator is responsible for coordinating and preparing estimates to support the business, and in particular large and complex projects.
Purpose of Role
• To be the lead estimator on large, complex & high value projects.
• To improve estimating efficiency through proper usage of tools available to the Company.
• To provide detailed and accurate cost estimates with clear rationale.
• Responsible for the estimating input for major tenders and preparing proposals. The role will involve providing estimating input to all areas of the Company thus ensuring that all cost and commercial inputs are effectively supported.
• Act as lead estimator in producing detailed cost estimates that fulfil customer requirements.
• Ensure estimates are developed, reviewed and submitted on time.
• Provide detailed information breakdown including NRE, materials, labour, contingencies, and provenance of estimates etc.
• Highlight any risks
Integrity and Trust
• Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
• Relates well to all kinds of people—up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
• Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
• Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
• Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
• Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
• Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
• Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
• Pipedrive, ERP systems and Microsoft office packages
• Office based in Loudwater with occasional UK and overseas travel
In return the Company offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme based on company profit/cash targets, 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy additional 5 days, a flexible Company benefits scheme you can tailor to suit your needs, competitive Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, flexible start/finish times, a confidential Employee Support Helpline, free car parking
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
10 February 2020
Freelance Operations Manager
- Competitive Day Rate
Competitive Day Rate
06 March 2020
- Hackney London
- £20.000 to £25.000
£20.000 to £25.000
05 February 2020
- Ballygawley, Co Tyrone, Ireland
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
01 July 2020
Technical Leader Digital RF
24 June 2020
- Hackney, London
- up to £30k
up to £30k
22 June 2020
Parkguard Patrol Officer
- North London, North East London, West London and Hertfordshire
- £28,500 to £33,000
£28,500 to £33,000
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering