Vacancy - Field Service Engineer 410ww
|Sectors:||Engineering, General, IT/Telecoms, Naval|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be part of a team of a dozen and expanding and you will be reporting to one of the Workshop Manager and your role will be to support Field Services for installation/commissioning and repairs UK offshore and overseas and Workshop in repairs, testing and projects activities.
Therefore, your key tasks will include:
• To carry out field service and repairs on all company scoped equipment & systems.
• To carry out standard & special to type field service installations, test & commissioning.
• To liaise with customers prior to carrying out field duties.
• To prepare test equipment/tools/spares/installation materials prior to mobilisation, this may entail short notice being given.
• To provide accurate and detailed technical reports for all activities and give feedback to facilitate future service planning and improvements.
• To provide time sheets/expense sheets for each activity and code accordingly for charging to customer where appropriate.
• To maintain inventory of materials and test equipment held and to record usage and reinstatement where appropriate.
• To ensure that all returnable unused spares and/or defective spares are returned without delay using correct paperwork.
• To maintain in good order and be accountable for all allocated vehicles, IT equipment, mobile telephones, test instruments and tools.
• To organise own travel arrangements when outside Redhill base.
• To ensure technical knowledge and familiarisation with company products is maintained.
• To provide competent Datacoms and Satcom repair, test and equipment build, and support for Workshop as required.
• To conduct GMDSS surveys
You will also have responsibility for carrying £5,000 test instruments and tools and £15,000 spares
To be eligible for this role you will need the following experience, skills and qualifications:
• Presentable and articulate to meet requirements for liaison with Yacht Captains and on-board specialist staff for DVB field work
• Good ‘O’ Level or equivalent standard education
• Preferably a skill base or education/qualification I.T. based
• Clean current UK Driving Licence
• GMDSS, GOC, Offshore Survival Certificated (BOSIET & OLF)
• Able to achieve a National Security Accreditation to SC or DV
The ideal candidates would probably be someone from the Royal Navy who has a strong Comms Maintainer background, however personnel from the RAF and Army are also encouraged to apply with similar technical backgrounds.
As a major part of this role will be based on RN vessels, the ability to gain at least SC Clearance is required.
As this role is field based, depending on where you live, you may be spending up to 50% of your time away from home, either in the UK or overseas and applications from individuals who are based to the major RN establishments on the south coast would be welcome.
In return they are offering a competitive salary, depending on skills and experience, you are also entitled to use of a pool vehicle or car allowance. As well as ongoing training and development on current and future systems that are in development.
In addition to salary and benefits, there are additional non- contractual items, such as overseas (£50 per day) and offshore allowances (£100 per day) and overtime hours on field visits. There is also some weekend and bank holiday working. A high level of overtime is to be expected and earnings will normally be in excess of basic salary. However, this excess is obviously not contractual and depends on the business continuing at current levels as well as the engineer being fully trained on the various technologies.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
09 July 2019
Project Supervisor (PS)- Mechanical & Electrical
- Sinai, Egypt
- circa £65k + Benefits
circa £65k + Benefits
05 September 2019
08 May 2019
CHP Project Manager
- £35-45k+ Benefits
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
16 September 2019
HGV Driver / Rigger
- London (Various)
13 September 2019
Head of Supply Chain
- High Wycombe
- £ Highly Competitive
£ Highly Competitive
13 September 2019
Fire and Flood Cleaning Technician
- £19-24k DOE
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering