Data Comms Engineer (412ww)
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, General, IT/Telecoms|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Technical Director and the main purpose of your role will be:
• To provide a dedicated knowledge level and skills application on all types of data communications ranging from simple e-mail applications to complex computer networks involving the use of devices such as routers or switches.
• To provide installation and commissioning engineering resource in the field world-wide for MoD/Gov systems, at times short notice
• To lend technical support to business generation aspects of the Organisation in relation to the product
• To support MoD Systems with the build and test of new or repaired systems
• To be a lead field representative of my client for installations, providing training to other engineers
Therefore, your key tasks will include:
• To assist MOD System engineering with product & services evaluation consistent with the Company strategy based on requirements from Sales, Marketing, management, etc or self-generated.
• Main bulk of spec based around supporting MOD Systems Engineering projects through lifecycle, design, prototype, build, install, integration and testing. With supporting documentation.
• To carry out verification of design solutions, through testing as advised by the systems engineering manager
• To provide assistance to the project’s office for any escalated faults.
• To provide training on terminals as required, for bespoke solutions
• To work with management and marketing initiatives on technical aspects of product marketing and arrange and support suitable customer demonstration facilities
• To understand the use of Cryptographic equipment and its impact and use in company applied systems
• Set-up and Demonstration of complex satellite communication systems to meet customers’ needs.
• Performing System Administration tasks as required in the Global Security Organisation document
To be eligible for this role, you will need the following experience, skills and qualifications:
• Satcom terminal experience required (DVB/Inmarsat)
• Must hold, or have the ability to achieve, DV Security Clearance
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Good administration skills
• Flexible and pro-active
• Awareness of MoD systems and requirements
• Broad IT & Network skills required,
• Professional registration desirable
• NVQ Level 4 Desirable or similar level
• Broad knowledge of Network installation required
You will also need to have or be able to hold DV clearance
In return they are offer an excellent starting salary as well as a good benefits package which includes Sponsored personal pension plan, Private Health Care (single cover), Car Allowance and an On-Call Allowance
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
16 September 2019
HGV Driver / Rigger
- London (Various)
13 September 2019
Head of Supply Chain
- High Wycombe
- £ Highly Competitive
£ Highly Competitive
13 September 2019
Fire and Flood Cleaning Technician
- £19-24k DOE
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering