RF Systems and Design Engineer (423jc)
|Sectors:||Electronics, Engineering, IT/Telecoms|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Established in 1984, The Company’s long-standing success is due to innovative and highly effective products, coupled with a gold standard of ongoing customer support. The Company makes a long-term commitment to its customers; continually optimising their products to evolving requirements and dynamic warfare tactics.
The Company is located on the secure Cody Technology Park (site of the former Royal Aircraft Establishment) close to the towns of Farnborough and Fleet. The site offers an excellent range of onsite amenities including conference facilities, informal meeting areas, a 200-seat restaurant, a café and a gym. Outside, there are jogging and cycle routes around the 195 acres of woodlands surrounding the Park
They have an exciting opportunity for an RF Design and Systems Engineer to join their team based in Farnborough. In this role you will be responsible for modelling RF systems during bid phases and re-optimizing existing product lines based on analysis of current designs.
• Development of RF system models for current and proposed products.
• Support bid work by generating accurate RF simulation data to secure new business.
• Work with System engineering to distil customer requirements into RF sub systems.
Skills and Qualifications Required
• Demonstrate experience of modelling complex RF systems (using MWO preferably).
• Previous hands-on RF design and debug experience.
• Familiarity with RF test and debug equipment and the ability to provide support during systems integration and test.
• Ability to clearly express design intent using Design Documents, block diagrams, flow diagrams and system level schematics.
• Experience in the design of electronic / RF systems incorporating FPGAs, Microcontrollers and standards based Bus systems.
• Knowledge/experience with some of the following software packages: MWO, ADS or Genesis. Microsoft Office, Visio, Doors, CAD packages Altium Designer, Cadence.
• Experience of RADAR, EW and ECM (desirable)
• Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet Security Clearance
Every employee is critical to their success and as such they offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Farnborough office has free parking, an onsite restaurant and local transport links.
In addition, you will receive:
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• 4x your annual salary in life assurance
• Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
• Pension Scheme
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering