Service Engineer (425jc)
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Electronics, Engineering, IT/Telecoms|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Their Keyper HSM, the only FIPS 140-3 level 4 HSM in the world, is used by ICANN to help secure the Internet DNS system, and by many other organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. The Company Communicate technology provides an extensive range of connectivity options and utilises any connection possible (bearer of choice), from WiFi to satellite, to maintain the end user’s connection. They have also developed, and continue to develop next generation, High Grade and Commercial cryptographic products for the UK MoD and export markets. Designed to be future proof, the latest software definable technology enables it to be upgraded anywhere, anytime. The Company prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, excellent working environment and development and growth opportunities for employees.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer to join their Service Team based in Aberdeen.
To work within the service team on a wide variety of Company products. provide Customer Support with the Help Desk and fault finding; work is both in the office / workshop and at customers’ sites and vessels.
• Complete scheduled maintenance on Company systems in accordance with current maintenance routines.
• Fault diagnosis and repair of Company supplied equipment in Aberdeen workshop and onshore/offshore at customer sites, ensure all test procedures and site records are accurately updated.
• Assists other team members in the identification of more complex problems and can apply diagnostic methods to identify causes and propose possible solutions.
• Participate in the Help Desk rota and submission of weekly status reports to Customers.
• Participate in the on-call and standby Engineer Rotas.
• Provide technical support and resolve faults on systems.
• Provide estimates (time & materials) for tasks and deliver to them.
• Escalates problems which are blocking progress of own work.
• Adhere to company practices and policies, especially health and safety and report any issues.
• Responsible for quality and timeliness of own work
Skills and Qualifications Required
• Experience installing, maintaining and repairing complex electronic systems in an offshore or marine environment.
• Good understanding of IT, Networks and Software based solutions
• Flexible and proactive team player able to multi-task using own initiative to make timely and effective decisions without supervision
• Methodical approach to problems with good attention to detail and accurate record keeping
• Self-motivated, determined and result orientated, enjoying and responding well to challenges
• Positive, can do attitude with logical approach to problem solving. Not afraid to challenge and change the ways things are done to improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Willing to work overtime and to travel to customer sites in the UK and overseas as required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Flexible approach to working hours and patterns inclusive of anti-social hours, such as weekends and bank holidays
• Basic skills in wiring and mechanical fitting and use of both bench and hand portable test equipment
• ONC / HNC / HND or Degree in Electronic / Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or qualified by experience
• Full driving licence
• Working at height
• BOSIET Offshore Survival, Medical, MIST
• Formal qualifications in IT / Software or related discipline
• SC level required
Every employee is critical to the Company’s success and as such they offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Aberdeen office has free parking and local transport links. In addition, you will receive:
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• 4x your annual salary in life assurance
• Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
• Pension Scheme
• Sports and Social club
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
16 September 2019
HGV Driver / Rigger
- London (Various)
13 September 2019
Head of Supply Chain
- High Wycombe
- £ Highly Competitive
£ Highly Competitive
13 September 2019
Fire and Flood Cleaning Technician
- £19-24k DOE
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering