Engineering Manager (426jc)
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They are part of a larger group and have been set up for the sale of used equipment from their parent company was well as other sources and have achieved excellent sales already and are now seeking an Engineering Manager to join their team.
You will be reporting to the Company Director and your role will be to prepare equipment for sale or hire and at the same time managing the workshop and general engineering side of the operation and you will be responsible for 2 part time employees.
So, your main purpose will be to prepare pre-owned equipment for sale or hire.
Therefore, your main duties and responsibilities will include:
• Prepare equipment so it is in an agreed (agreed with the Director/Salesperson) mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and cosmetic condition.
• Load and unload lorries
• Oversee parts and consumables stock management.
• Manage all workshop jobs including liaising with other workshop personnel, sub-contractors, the sales and finance functions, suppliers and customers.
• Maintain careful management of job cards to ensure correct prioritisation.
• Maintain cost control on jobs – observing hours and costs being allocated to jobs to ensure they remain economical and cost effective.
• Maintain own and company tools in a safe clean condition.
• Ensure that the workshop and outside storage areas are kept clean, safe and tidy.
• Carry out all work, at all times, in a safe and professional manor, in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
To be eligible you will need the following:
• Engineering background with the ability to organise and manage one’s own time.
• Fork truck technical knowledge and maintenance experience.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small but growing team
• Good organisational capabilities
• Enjoys a challenge
• Ambitious – Have a desire to want to join a young but very ambitious company that has a very supportive and ambitious parent company
The ideal candidate for this post would probably be ex REME who would probably be JNCO or SNCO, who is very hands on as you will be the required to carry out the repairs and renovations on the equipment along side the two part time co-workers.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary and the ability to continue to develop in the longer term as the company continues to develop and expand.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
16 September 2019
HGV Driver / Rigger
- London (Various)
13 September 2019
Head of Supply Chain
- High Wycombe
- £ Highly Competitive
£ Highly Competitive
13 September 2019
Fire and Flood Cleaning Technician
- £19-24k DOE
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering