Head of Supply Chain (442jc)
|Salary:||£ Highly Competitive|
|Sectors:||Management, Procurement, Project Management, Senior Appointments|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
The Head of Supply Chain is a key ambassador for the business both internally and externally, providing both strategic direction and operational leadership for the Company direct supply chain team, ensuring:
• Coordination with the commercial team and project delivery teams to ensure an appropriate level of contract flow down to key, high value or high-risk suppliers or subcontractors.
• Engagement and interaction with bid teams for key, high value or high-risk suppliers or subcontractors during the bid phase to ensure that quotes received include acceptance of an appropriate level of anticipated contract flow down.
• Lead all facets of Supply Chain management including, but not limited to; Procurement, Inventory Management, Material Forecasting, Sourcing, and financial management to budget.
• Lead the activities of all functions involved in the sourcing, material acquisition, control of materials from the forecast demand to the delivery of stock to the production facilities
• Lead commercial negotiations for major procurement contracts; make recommendations on sourcing direction based on Total Cost of Ownership, supply chain & business risk, supply chain positioning & optimized strategic buffers
• Develop lean supply chain initiatives to ensure the Company maintains pace with their customer demand while protecting working capital
• Work with the Operations Director, to develop and implement a departmental strategy and budget which supports the overall business plan. Take ownership of specific areas of the plan, and manage their implementation including the development of key metrics and reporting
• Establish with effective leadership skills a continuous improvement culture
• Lead the creation and updating of relevant processes and procedures in addition to compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to Supply Chain and the policies of the Company
• Lead and coach others in achieving Supply Chain excellence, quality control and safety
• Develop and continuously improve supplier relationship & performance programs, supported by relevant KPIs
• Contribute cross-departmentally with existing and new product development projects, ensuring timely acquisition of materials and a robust Supply Chain to support products from development to end of life
• Take responsibility for the employee lifecycle of direct reports, from recruitment, training and development, performance management and employee engagement
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to assimilate data from various sources and synthesize inputs into actionable, cost-effective plans
• Continuously analyse the supply chain and implement alternative sourcing strategies to reduce cost and improve performance.
• Support Customer offset requirements through the development of local supply solutions.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
• CIPS or equivalent Supply Chain or business management qualification, or equivalent experience preferred
• In depth knowledge of Current Best-In Class supplier qualification processes and supplier performance metrics
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform and produce results in a team environment. Experience with presentations of complex issues to upper and executive management
• Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities is required
• Over 5 years’ progressive experience within Procurement or Supply Chain with demonstrated experience in a leadership role; or equivalent combination of work experience and education
• Ability to thrive in pressure-filled situations with aggressive timelines
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently, think creatively, solve problems; ability to make timely, effective, fact-based decisions and take initiative
In return the Company offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme based on company profit/cash targets, 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy additional 5 days, a flexible Company benefits scheme you can tailor to suit your needs, competitive Pension scheme with Life Assurance, flexible start/finish times, a confidential Employee Support Helpline, free car parking
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
11 October 2019
Design and Project Assurance Coordinator
- £30-35k + Package
£30-35k + Package
07 October 2019
PCV Bus Driver
07 October 2019
PCV Bus Driver
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering