Vacancy - Antenna Maintenance Supervisor 452jc
|Sectors:||Engineering, IT/Telecoms, Overseas|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Senior Engineer and your role will be the supervision and leadership of the team that is responsible for the Aerial & Rigging Maintenance at the Transmitting Station and other Antenna maintenance related work under the company’s activities.
Therefore, your principal responsibilities will include:
• To lead and be responsible for preventive and corrective maintenance work on equipment and assets in the Rigging area.
1. Prepare and develop effective maintenance plans;
2. Ensure that these plans are carried out correctly, efficiently and safely;
3. Maintain maintenance and equipment records as required;
4. Ensure all equipment and machinery under responsibility performs reliably, efficiently and safely;
5. Monitor and investigate equipment / component failures and performance deficiencies and where necessary make recommendations and devise solutions to improve the reliability or maintainability of the equipment or component;
6. Implement those recommendations and solutions;
7. Continually review maintenance methods, develop effective maintenance techniques and make recommendations to improve reliability and asset value;
8. Ensure that holdings of items of spares are maintained at agreed levels.
• To Lead and Direct the Rigging Team.
1. Provide coaching and leadership to develop the team;
2. Ensure efficient utilisation of staff effort, including planning and coordination;
3. Review staff performance and provide feedback both as a regular function and as part of the Appraisal process
i. Providing performance review and appraisal feedback for team members for whom the post holder is responsible.
ii. Assist in ensuring all staff have appropriate training and development plans.
iii. Assist in ensuring all staff are trained and equipped to carry out their duties in an efficient, cost effective and safe manner.
• To perform the usual duties of a Rigger.
• Ensure cost effective utilisation of Resources.
1. Proper Planning to reduce costs (e.g. Overtime accumulation and freight charges);
2. Maintain equipment & assets to satisfactory standard;
3. Continually find ways to perform functions cost-effectively;
4. Cost-Effective Materials management;
5. Eliminate or Reduce Wastage, where identified;
6. Contribute in Budgeting, where required/requested.
Assist in the development and promotion of continual improvements in the Safety, Health & Environmental culture within ARS.
1. An adequate knowledge of and compliance with the Health and Safety policy and regulations consistent with your responsibilities.
2. Set a personal example in Safety compliance through:
3. Observing safe working practices as advised and instructed;
4. Use of tools and equipment and in using Personal Protective equipment provided;
5. Safety & Health of self and others who may be affected by work activities.
6. Ensure that Safety precautions are implemented, and Safe Working Practices correctly carried out by all staff under post-holder’s control.
7. Report Incidents or Hazards which have led or may lead to injury.
8. To produce reports on matters associated with post-holder’s role in order to assist the Senior Engineer and Station Manager in budgeting and planning.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following experience and knowledge:
• Consistent & Developed Experience as a Rigger.
• Comprehensive knowledge of safe working practices and safety procedures, particularly in rigging work and RF hazards.
• Recognised Mechanical craft qualification.
• Qualified Category 1 climber.
• Specialist rigging tools competency and knowledge of workshop practices and safety.
• Able to interpret complex antenna and support structure drawings.
• IT Literate, particularly in use of Email, Microsoft Word and Excel at Intermediate Level.
• Ability to communicate well, verbally and in writing with both internal and external customers.
• Good organisational and time management skills.
• Strong self-motivation and the ability to work with a degree of autonomy and to use one’s own initiative.
• Full Driving Licence.
• Competent use of hand and power tools and workshop machinery.
As well as the following technical experience:
• Knowledge of wiring regulations.
• Consistent & developed practical experience as a motor vehicle mechanic.
• People Management Experience; Personnel work and supervision of staff.
In return they are offering a good base salary between £22-£24k which is tax free, relocation travel costs, both at the start as well as the end of the post, which includes personal belongings to and from the island. 25 days leave, which includes all flights to and from UK to Ascension. Rent free accommodation, which also covers electricity and water allowances, which is worth about £5k per year. All Medical and Dental cover, both for yourself and family should you wish to take them with you, as well as a cost of living allowance, which currently run as £7,150 Family or £3,810 Single per annum which will be paid monthly.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
18 March 2020
Installation Service Specialist
- up to £35k + Benefits
up to £35k + Benefits
27 January 2020
Network Support Engineer
- Redhill, Surrey
28 August 2019
Systems Design Engineer
- £ Competitive
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
06 April 2020
Project Procurement Manager
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
Engineering Manager - Sonars & CM
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
- £ Competitive
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering