Principal Hardware Engineer vacancy in Greenford (456jc)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Salary:||£ Highly Competitive|
|Sectors:||Electronics, Engineering, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Their Keyper HSM, the only FIPS 140-3 level 4 HSM in the world, is used by ICANN to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. The Company’s Communicate technology provides an extensive range of connectivity options and utilises any connection possible (bearer of choice), from WiFi to satellite, to maintain the end user’s connection. They have also developed, and continue to develop next generation, High Grade and Commercial cryptographic products for the UK MoD and export markets. Designed to be future proof, the latest software definable technology enables it to be upgraded anywhere, anytime.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Hardware Engineer to join their team based in Greenford.
In this role you will be responsible for research, design and development of digital and analogue electronics within the hardware engineering team.
• Specify, design and prove/verify digital and analogue electronic hardware in order to deliver high quality electronic hardware that meets the requirements in a timely manner and within budget.
• Perform design calculations and carry out simulations using industry standard tools, and prototype as required, in order to estimate performance, identify high-risk areas and ensure high quality designs that require minimal re-design.
• Develop and test/verify electronic hardware according to the hardware development process.
• Estimate time and effort required for electronic hardware activities and deliver to these time and effort estimates to ensure cost and schedule adherence.
• Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across multiple projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture and design are selected.
• Work with production test to ensure designs are suitable for volume production. Also support production to assist them with the rapid debugging and resolution of electronic hardware issues encountered in order to minimise production delays.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Degree in an Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience of one or more of the following;
• Experience of high-speed digital designs that include processors and programmable devices
• Experience of analogue circuit design and switched-mode power supply design
• Able to design reliable power supplies that meet requirements and analyse against all input and output conditions across temperature and estimate performance accurately.
- Competent with schematic capture tools and understands how to constrain layout using rules/classes/groups.
- Must have developed large, complex designs requiring multi-layer PCBs (and PCB stack-up design).
- Appreciation of design and test for EMC and TEMPEST (preferred).
- Used DOORS, PADS and/or PSpice (advantageous).
• Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet Security Clearance
Every employee is critical to their success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees. You will receive:
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• up to 4x your annual salary in life assurance
• Flexible benefits package (retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
• Pension Scheme
• Sports and Social club
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering