Vacancy - Principal Analyst – Sonar 459jc
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Their Analysts are involved throughout the project lifecycle from conceiving new product ideas and capabilities to gaining customer approval of delivered solutions and insertion of capability enhancement to in service solutions.
As a Principal Analyst you will provide in-depth sonar technical expertise, supporting equally their product development and project delivery.
The global proliferation of sophisticated submarine threats and the Company’s pedigree, current growth and ambition in this domain make this an extremely exciting time to join their team.
• Algorithm Definition/Verification
• Developing sonar processing algorithms based on the application of established digital signal processing approaches
• Selecting appropriate algorithmic techniques based upon performance requirements developed with the system design team from the customer specification
• Developing algorithms with implementation in mind (segmentation/simplification/parallelisation)
• Documenting algorithm specification and design decisions/implications/discussions
• Supporting the implementation, debugging and verification of algorithms in software, including the generation of appropriate test data
Performance Modelling, Design Trade-offs and Product Development
• Modelling algorithm performance under a wide range of realistic underwater conditions
• Modelling sonar system performance against customer requirements for the inclusion in bid responses
• Quantifying the impact of Sonar System Design decisions to the Sonar System performance, hence guiding cost-effective approaches to this decision-making process.
• Communicating implications of Sonar Performance related subjects with expert and non-expert audiences verbally and written
• Developing ideas for new approaches to Sonar products to improve their capability individually and collectively embracing new technologies or approaches
Support to Trials
• Specifying and oversight of trials plans/procedures to ensure appropriate data is gathered to assess Sonar System performance
• Analysing Trials data, assessing against system performance requirements
• Reporting on Trails Data analysis drawing clear conclusions on both the success of the trials and the sonar system against its performance requirements
• Report to project/product development teams on progress of assigned work packages
• To provide in-feed to design reviews and at customer presentations
• Mentoring junior analysts within the business
Skills, Qualification and Experience
• Hold a relevant Bachelor’s (higher degree preferred) in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering;
• Have significant experience in at least some of the following areas, with exposure to the others:
o Digital Signal Processing Algorithm Definition
o Trials Data Analysis
o Performance Prediction Modelling
o Performance Requirement interpretation and analysis
o Algorithmic simplification for increased computational efficiency
• Sonar domain experience in one of the above areas is highly desirable
• Experience in communicating complicated topics clearly and concisely to expert and non-expert audiences
• Proficient in the use of mathematic/scientific modelling tools e.g. MATLAB
• Experience of being able to set and meet deadlines
• Hold or be capable of achieving Security Clearance (SC) or higher with no caveats.
• Enjoys the challenge of dealing with the unknown and working through a solution
• Able to converse with expert and non-expert colleagues and inform and guide them working collaboratively, bringing customer along with chosen approaches in formal, informal, verbal and written formats
• Able to decide where a design trade-off is appropriate or where sufficient confidence has been generated that a requirement has been verified
• Able to break down complex problems and organized significant volumes of information into manageable blocks of analysis on focused pieces of information
• Looks for opportunities to improve the way they do things including the application of emerging technologies such as big data and machine learning to Sonar or using more efficient tools or processes to reduce lifecycle timescales
• Strives to increase knowledge of mathematical theories and new processing techniques and how these are applied in novel technologies
In return the Company offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme based on company profit/cash targets, 25 days' holiday with the option to buy additional 5 days, a flexible Company benefits scheme you can tailor to suit your needs, competitive Pension scheme with Life Assurance, flexible start/finish times, a confidential Employee Support Helpline, free car parking
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
14 March 2019
Senior Systems Engineer
- Competitive salary
20 February 2020
Applications Support Engineer
- £35000 to $40000
£35000 to $40000
25 February 2020
Air Traffic Management (ATM) Safety Engineer
- Boscombe Down
- circa £50 - 62k + Benefits.
circa £50 - 62k + Benefits.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
06 April 2020
Project Procurement Manager
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
Engineering Manager - Sonars & CM
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
- £ Competitive
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering